We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland, ohio
reviews: 18
Transportation

I was wondering whats the cheapest way to get to seven mile beach from the airport? ( owens) If there's a bus we can take is it aat the airport? Also we will have luggage so not sure if that'll work. We would like to explore the Island and go to West bay, rum point (just to name a few) does anyone know how we can get to these areas. Do we need to take a boat or can we rent a moped? Thanks!

Syracuse, New York
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, West Bay, Syracuse
reviews: 65
1. Re: Transportation

How many people are there in your travel group? I think the answer may depend on that.

chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 16
2. Re: Transportation

are you a stayover guest or are you between planes?

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
3. Re: Transportation

I don't think there is a bus service from Owen Roberts to SMB. You wouldn't use a boat to go to West Bay etc., you can take a boat from several locations along the west side of the island (where SMB and West Bay are) to Rum Point. Don't think it would work with luggage too easily. I have friends who live on the island and have mopeds would not recommend them to visitors. I suggest to go to the Google Earth map and take a look at how the island is laid out to get some ideas. Believe on is available at caymanislands.ky.

cleveland, ohio
4. Re: Transportation

there are 2 of us.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
5. Re: Transportation

Your questions are a bit confusing. I am guessing that you are staying in a property on Seven Mile Beach, and want to tour the island during your stay. Many people rent a car and drive themselves around. Your only options for transportation from the airport are taxi, a pre-arranged transportation service such as Tropicana Tours or driving yourself in a rental car to your accomodations. For Stingray City, you will have to book with a watersports operator, any land based areas of interest are easily accessible by car.

Bottom line, rent a car in advance and drive from the airport, or taxi to your hotel and rent one for a few days.

Edited: 4:33 pm, July 01, 2013
chicago suburbs
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
6. Re: Transportation

If you are between planes, we once did that coming back from the Brac and rented a car for a few hours and drove to the spots that we wanted to see. I agree with Retrip about the mopeds. The car rentals are right across the street from the airport.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
7. Re: Transportation

Caymanshelly , I did not think of that possibility. When we had a long layover after a Little Cayman vacation, we took a cab to Seven Mile Beach for a few hours. We were familiar with Grand Cayman and did not need to drive around to see the sights.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 22
8. Re: Transportation

It has been noted here recently that there is limited bus service to Rum Point but it is not scheduled service. Apparently you call from one of the bus stops and a dispatcher will send a bus (mini-van) to pick you up. You could wait a long time for someone to come get you, which is not how I'd like to spend my vacation time. Taxis are cost prohibitive and you would have to arrange your pick-up at Rum Point in advance as taxis just don't hang out there. Renting a car for the day is the best option unless you have a stop at Rum Point as part of an organized tour.

cleveland, ohio
9. Re: Transportation

We will be staying over.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
10. Re: Transportation

Since that Is the case, I stick with my original response.

Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman