We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calling All Experts, Comments on my Itinerary

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
reviews: 13
Calling All Experts, Comments on my Itinerary

Ok, I will start by saying "I am a Planner" Always have been, always will be. My family likes a good plan going into a vacation, so we know what's on our plate for the day and it helps us make sure we do everything we want to do while on vacation! I think this started with Disney trips, you can't really go there without a plan, and it has just remained our way of doing things. Anyway, we visited Grand Cayman about 5 years ago, and I just don't recall everything as far as the layout of the island, where restaurants are, etc. Below is my itinerary, I would appreciate input from the experts and any recent visitors, anything/anyplace I should scratch off/add because we are in the area, etc. My family is myself, husband and 10 year old daughter and 8 year old son. Also, a couple questions that come to mind are: Are there any places for a quick lunch right on beach near the Avalon? Nothing fancy, but just assuming we are in water/beach, and don't want to really leave for lunch, is there a restaurant on beach there, or should we plan to make lunch in the condo?

Arrive July 22nd (late) Dinner - Gino’s Pizza Delivery

Tues July 23rd

Hotel Pool/Seven Mile Beach/water trampoline

Lunch - Eats Café or someplace on beach

Dinner - Coconut Joes

OR Kaibo has Tuesday night BBQ – near rum point, live music.

Wed July 24th

Rum Point for the day (cruise ship in port)

Lunch - The Wreck Bar and Grill at Rum Point (view, on beach)

Dinner - Breezes by the Bay Georgetown Dinner and Shopping (water view)

Thurs July 25th

Breakfast Cimboco

Cruise Ship in port

Morning - Mastic Trail Bird/Wildlife Hike (only tues.–thurs.)

nationaltrust.org.ky/index.php/…tours-venues (will this be too hot in July?)

Smith Cove Snorkeling / pick up picnic lunch KFC

Afternoon - Hotel Pool/Seven Mile Beach

Dinner – Ragazzi Italian/Seafood

Fri July 26th

Morning - Starfish Point

Lunch - Kaibo Beach Bar and Grill (view/on beach)

Afternoon - Rum Point

Dinner at Pirate Buffet at Marriott ? (Is this worth the expense?)

Sat July 27th

Cemetery Beach Snorkel/stop by blowholes for pictures

Lunch – Macabuca (water view)

Hotel Pool/Seven Mile Beach

Pure Art Shopping

Dinner – Casanova – Italian/seafood (water view)

Sun July 28th

Breakfast – Treats (across from Beachsuites)

Rum Point - possible short Red Sail Excursion to Sting Ray City

Lunch Wreck Bar and Grill (on beach)

Dinner Hard Rock Café (closes at 8 p.m.)

Mon July 29th

Lunch - Cayman Cabana

Go home... Many thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 18
11. Re: Calling All Experts, Comments on my Itinerary

Smushie, a cigar on the balcony, a few cocktails and the parmigiana fries are about the only way to handle Breezes, and then only if it's after the ships have left

Edited: 2:58 pm, July 02, 2013
Houston
reviews: 13
12. Re: Calling All Experts, Comments on my Itinerary

Thank you ALL, this is why I like to run my itineraries by the experts... lots of great feedback. I plan to definitely incorporate many of the tips, and rule out/replace a few of the restaurants I originally posted. I definitely want relaxation and beach time, not lots of miles in our rental car! Thank you so much, I am looking forward to visiting and will post a trip report upon return.

13. Re: Calling All Experts, Comments on my Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 04, 2014