We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Recommendations

Hi

I am super-excited to take my family of 4 (2 kids boy 8 & girl 16) to GC in about 3 weeks. We will stay 5 nights at the Ritz Carlton on Seven Mile Beach. I am looking for recommendations on activities to plan our days. We are not divers so that is out. We like Snorkeling and love hanging around by the beach. I want to make sure kids are not bored. Do I need to rent a car in GC to get around? I am hoping weather will be nice and sunny!

Thanks

Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 52
11. Re: Recommendations

We returned from an anniversary cruise 3 weeks ago. There were 13 of us and 3 generations. Through much research, I followed my gut and worked with Mario and Mandy at Aquarius. We chartered our boat/tour so we could be a family. It was an amazing day and one we will cherish forever.

We snorkeled, were taught how to handle the Starfish and swim with the Stingrays. We each were treated on an individual basis and all agreed it was our favorite, most memorable day of our entire week.

I would like to suggest you check with them. They are most unique and experts on the service and lessons they provide.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
12. Re: Recommendations

Sounds like a nice experience for your group. I would only add that the best way to handle the starfish is to not handle them at all. Entertaining tourists should not be at the expense of nature and it's creatures.

Edited: 8:56 pm, July 02, 2013
Chattanooga...
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Smoky Mountains
reviews: 52
13. Re: Recommendations

We were taught just that when handling the starfish. Not to expose them out of water, to handle carefully and a limited time. Look, not touch and when we did, carefully. No matter what our activity was, care and respect was the upmost lesson.

14. Re: Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 04, 2014