We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Down to one

New Jersey
reviews: 13
Down to one

After much consideration I think we like White Sands. I know it's small and nothing glamorous but the little info I could find said their stretch of beach is really nice and that's most important for us. We are looking at Unit 1. Any opinions (please)?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 17
1. Re: Down to one

White Sands is a small, quiet, no frills complex on a fabulous shaded beach. That is not to say that it is not well maintained, just a smaller, basic property. The sand is soft, water entry is very easy. There are only a few units in the rental pool and I have never seen the beach there crowded.

A car will come in handy for groceries, restaurants, etc. There are a couple of beach bars within walking distance. For a couple looking for peace and quiet it is ideal. There are two 1 bedroom rental units, one looked more modernized

( kitchen and bath ) than the other but I don't remember which one. I have been in White Sands' units and they are nice, it's the beach that can't be beat. It would be a good choice for the two of you.

New Jersey
2. Re: Down to one

YAY!! Thanks!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 17
3. Re: Down to one

You're welcome, great choice! You will have a patio that is right on the beach, a privacy wall between you and your neighbor ( if there is one ) and a beautiful view. You will love it. Make sure you have a rental car or are willing to utilize the public minibus system. I don't.

Edited: 4:46 pm, June 25, 2013
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 97
4. Re: Down to one

Just walked past White Sands again today. It has an amazing stretch of well shaded beach.

New Jersey
5. Re: Down to one

wow! thanks everyone. this is the most difficult part of planning a trip to somewhere new and getting ready to fork over lots of $$$ for a place you have only seen a tiny picture of. Hearing that a few of you can say that it will be nice helps a lot.

6. Re: Down to one

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman