We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining in off season

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 8
Dining in off season

Have been reading a lot about the restaurants in GCI and definitely looking forward to it. Will be there Aug 3-10. Does anyone know which restaurants are closed during this time? Is anyone aware of anything else that will be closed that is a must see? Thanks for the input.

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
1. Re: Dining in off season

Haven't looked up closing dates, but going from memory, some restaurants that usually close for a period during the off season are:

Osetra Bay

Calypso Grill

Cracked Conch/MacaBuca

Blue

Grand Old House

Rum Point Club (Dinner)

Kaibo Upstairs (Dinner)

Suggest you check ahead of time with any establishments you have plans on dining at.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
2. Re: Dining in off season

The restaurants are generally all open in August, and those that close for vacations/remodeling etc. will likely begin closing in September.

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
3. Re: Dining in off season

To give you an idea of who closes and when, here is the link to last year's closing schedule:

www.caymangoodtaste.com/pagecategory.asp…

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
4. Re: Dining in off season

My experience has been the same as kiddos . . . closing start in September for the most part!

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
5. Re: Dining in off season

Before we switched to September, we went during August for about 10 or 11 years. Every restaurant that we wanted to visit was open, although there are many restaurants we choose to avoid, so I can't speak for every restaurant on the island. Even with the September closings, we never lack for a place to find a nice dinner, and most of the restaurants which do close are not on our short list, anyway.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
6. Re: Dining in off season

Blue is closed September 1st until early November I think. Osetra Bay may be closed for a similar time as a few staff members just moved to Royal Palms and I don't think it's been too busy recently, for a few reasons

7. Re: Dining in off season

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 27, 2014