We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public Bus Service to Rum Point

Orillia, Canada
reviews: 1
Public Bus Service to Rum Point

A few months ago there was a post indicating that public bus service to Rum Point from George Town would be starting. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has used the service or knows someone that has used the service as to whether or not it is still running and how frequently it runs.

Thanks in advance.

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
1. Re: Public Bus Service to Rum Point

According to the inside scoop from CayManTA, the new bus stop signs along Cayman Kai & Rum Point are serviced on a per call basis. You would need to request to be taken out to Rum Point (I believe drivers are independent contractors and can refuse) and then call the dispatcher (Phone # on the bust stop sign) to have them send a bus to fetch you.

Bottomline is that sounds more like a service geared towards the local populace and not easily taken advantage of by tourists.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 21
2. Re: Public Bus Service to Rum Point

Guess my concern would be how long you might have to wait for a return bus. You call and the dispatcher is supposed to send someone but if they can refuse to take you there, seems like they could refuse to come pick you up. Unless the driver is already out that way, you could have a healthy wait for one to come from Georgetown. Personally, this isn't something I could see myself doing and especially with kids and having a lot of beach gear with me.

Minnesota
reviews: 1
3. Re: Public Bus Service to Rum Point

We drove out to Rum Point via the cut-across. Standing under a tree on the cut-across was a gal with her umbrella, I assumed waiting for the bus. When we returned over an hour later, she was still standing waiting. I would have given her a ride, but had no more room in our tiny rental car.

4. Re: Public Bus Service to Rum Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 27, 2014