We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is next week busy due to 4th of July

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 17
Is next week busy due to 4th of July

Hi, I wasnt planning on making any dinner reservations since it is a slow time of year but just wondering if next week the island will get busy due to the 4th?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 18
1. Re: Is next week busy due to 4th of July

Generally speaking, Her Majesty's territories and subjects don't really celebrate American Independence Day :)

I jest, it's not really busy and while some places will put on theme nights and the sizeable American community will be out celebrating, I don't think you'll need to make reservations. Perhaps the Ritz is putting on a special event? I'm struggling to think of other places that you might have any issue with, best to do any reservations once you get on island and get a feel for what looks good and what takes your fancy. Calling on the day should be fine everywhere

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Is next week busy due to 4th of July

Great thanks Saji, we are staying at the Ritz and will probably just make resos for Blue, everything else we will just play by ear. Any idea if Blue is kid friendly? I am guessing not?

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
3. Re: Is next week busy due to 4th of July

Agree with sajid, make reservations day of, unless you must have a certain place on a specific night for a special occasion or whatnot.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
4. Re: Is next week busy due to 4th of July

Not kid friendly, in terms of the menu or ambience. I don't think I've seen a young child in there before

7 Prime Cuts is my favourite restaurant at the Ritz, I wouldn't recommend Taikun, Bar Jack or Periwinkle really... Darren at the lobby bar makes a fine cocktail, if Bertrand is still at Seven he's a top man, Hudson is the doorman who looks like Schwarzenegger with a (strong) tan. Good staff at the Ritz, one of their biggest strengths. Also the spa is superb, you can easily spend a good part of the day in there, all La Prairie products

Oh, if you want to go to Karma (which I highly recommend), you should make a reservation on a Friday since the wait can be long. Other nights are fine to just walk in

Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: Is next week busy due to 4th of July

OK thanks I guess we will get the child care service for the night we visit Blue. I will look into Karma and ask our group if they are interested!! thanks again.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
6. Re: Is next week busy due to 4th of July

You're welcome. If it helps, the Scotch Bonnet Edamame with extra sauce is the spiciest dish on island, the scotch bonnet slider is my favourite ever slider and the fish tacos are the best on the island. If you go Nick should be behind the bar and Shannon waiting tables. They do all you can eat sushi sometimes too

7. Re: Is next week busy due to 4th of July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman