We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tomorrow morning we start out trip!

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dequincy, Louisiana
reviews: 1
Tomorrow morning we start out trip!

Tomorrow is the day! We are excited and ready. Me the wife and 3 kids will be staying at the Island Houses of Cayman Kai, Tranquility house for 8 days. We will do our best to report on all that we do and post reviews. The wife and I had stopped at Grand Cayman last year on a cruise and absolutely loved it, and we made a decision then to return and stay awhile. Looking forward to having a great time.

Dequincy, Louisiana
1. Re: Tomorrow morning we start out trip!

I forgot to ask my question, LOL. Too excited I guess. Question, the kids are wanting to snorkel and I was wondering if they have like a jacket or something you could rent from Red Sail? I'm worried about how far out we may have to swim and want a safety net in case any problems arise.

kansas city
reviews: 32
2. Re: Tomorrow morning we start out trip!

No life jacket required. Yes you can rent it red cell but our condo had some, you should inquire with the owner. Rome point have some good smoking along with the ones in testudios guide. I pick some up off of craigslist for 10 bucks , and took them with us. To the north side of the pier at the retreat beach entrance you can swim straight out in there are some boulders that are teeming with fish. Also at the rocks on the point on the north side of the pier if you do the little drifter out and follow it back to the pier they're all kinds of seafan garden it gets kind of shallow in places but its pretty cool. feel free to PM with questions

Edited: 9:36 pm, June 23, 2013
Dequincy, Louisiana
3. Re: Tomorrow morning we start out trip!

Thanks for the info. Up and fixing to head out.

Thanks again.

Hillsville, Virginia
4. Re: Tomorrow morning we start out trip!

Hope y'all have a safe and wonderful trip. My family leaves on the 14th and we are so excited. Can't wait to read trip reports

grand island, ny
5. Re: Tomorrow morning we start out trip!

I dont know how old your kids are, or their swimming abilities, but if you want to get to the reef off of Rum Point its a bit of a swim out. Really not for the very young, or inexperienced snorkeler. The line of boulders to the right of the pier are a good start and there are a lot of fish there. Its only in about 3 feet or so of water and close to shore. That said, ask at red sail, if they dont rent them, I would think they could direct you to where you could.

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
6. Re: Tomorrow morning we start out trip!

You can rent flotation devices at the RedSail desk at Rum Point

7. Re: Tomorrow morning we start out trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 26, 2014