We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car seats in taxi

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
24 reviews
Car seats in taxi

Hi, Sorry to post this topic yet again but it wasn't fully clear to me if car seats are required for toddlers in taxis? We are travelling in a large group and would like to avoid taking along two car seats if we can. We are not planning on renting a car and will probably get around with taxis or shuttles. Any idea if car seats are required in taxis? I have travelled with my toddler before to many US cities and car seats are not required in the back of taxi's and most drivers won’t even wait around to install them. Any feedback from parents who have recently visited??

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Car seats in taxi

just going to bump this

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,055 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Car seats in taxi

Fairly certain they are not required, but just an educated guess.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
45 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Car seats in taxi

We have 2 toddlers and have gone there many times with the kids. Car seats are not required in taxis (and just as an FYI, most taxis are minivans driven by women). We usually rent a car while there and take our own car seats with us, because it's cheaper, plus we use them in our airport car service at home. But not necessary to bring them if you want to rent a car one day , you can just rent seats for the day.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Car seats in taxi

Great thanks velvetflip that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I think I will just rent the seats when needed! thanks so much!

5. Re: Car seats in taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 27, 2014