We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, December 26, 2013
Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
1. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

??? The weekend (Fri-Mon) that is celebrated as Memorial Day weekend in the States had good-great weather this year in Grand Cayman, the balance of the week appears to have sucked. But who knows what next year will bring? Trying to plan around the weather is great, but can many times be ultimately fruitless. No one likes a washout, but if you cannot accept the possibility of a few days of rain, considering other destinations might be a good idea.

Edited: 11:33 am, May 31, 2013
Grand Cayman
reviews: 14
2. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

I find the weather here best from December - Feb/March. Lovely and hot during the day, but not too hot and perfect in the evenings.

Plus as its outside of rainy/hurricane season, the mosquito's have gone away, which is a big plus!

Grand Cayman
3. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

I've lived in Cayman year round for 10 years and generally prefer November through April. The rain we're getting this week is a bit unseasonal. You are right that usually it would just shower now and then stop...not the continual darkness that we've had this week. March is usually great but you are also right that it wasn't so great this year...or last year for that matter. But usually I would count on March being nicer weather than May in any given year. We are typically bound to have more rain in May than in March. Glad to hear you loved the Island and hope to return next year!

4. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 10
5. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

Due to our kid's school Spring Break time we began going to GC in the 1990's mid to late March and other then a few scattered showers during those 7-9 day stays always enjoyed great weather. We have continued going in March with similar nice weather. March is high season. Prices for condo rentals drop mid April and from what I have heard weather remains very nice throughout April.

6. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

Lake Geneva...
reviews: 21
7. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

We just got back from Grand Cayman and I would not go again in May. When they say it's the rainy season believe them. And it rained all day, not just a few showers. I would definitely go in March for better weather.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
8. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

This is all so relative. I have been several times (sometimes multiple times during the same year) in May and have had rain but nothing extraordinary. It is the rainy time of year in the tropics period and some years there is way too little and some years way to much. No one can predict. For whatever the reason Mother Nature seems very active in the past year or so no matter where you live -- Europe, US, Japan, Carib, etc. The best anyone can do is make their plans and make the best of what they get. My favorite time to be on the island is the second the plane touches down and my least favorite time is on the plane on the runway leaving. Weather and time of year don't matter. I love to be on vacation and always have. We have had no spring here in NY and a lousy winter and miserable fall even with a major hurricane to deal with -- that doesn't mean I will move or not make plans to do things outside!!! For the most part you are looking a days in the 80s (more humidity and chance of rain heading into summer/summer), water temps you can swim in all year round. Whether you pick Cabo, Florida, Bermuda wherever MN can throw a curve ball!

London UK
reviews: 6
9. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

But yet we were there 3 - 17 May and had no rain at all until our final morning! And then, the sun was out at 10:30 am. We were lucky!

Denver
10. Re: Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman

What do you think about the weather in September? That's when I'll be going.