We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kids life vest

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
reviews: 19
kids life vest

Where can I get a kids life vest for snorkeling seven mile?

Will they be provided on trip to stingray city and at the turtle park?

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
1. Re: kids life vest

I don't believe that snorkel vests will be provided. You can buy an inexpensive vest in a local dive shop, a dive shop in Grand Cayman, or find them online at Amazon or LeisurePro, among other sites.

chicago
2. Re: kids life vest

I need a life vest, not a snorkel vest, shes 4

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, East End
reviews: 1
3. Re: kids life vest

Like Kiddos said you can buy a life vest at Amazon or a local dive shop. Scuba.com or Leisurepro. The Stingray city trip may not be much fun for a 4 year old unless she is comfortable in the water and on a boat.

B.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
4. Re: kids life vest

I went to Stingray City a couple of weeks ago with a family wtih a 3 year old and a six year old. They wore the flotation devices their parents brought to the island with them that the kids also wore in the beach and at the pool. The boat did however have snorkel vests for anyone who wanted them. Can't say is this is a one off. However, my guess is that you would want something for your little one on the beach/poo etc anyway so you might as well get something that will be comfortable before you go.

chicago
5. Re: kids life vest

She knows how to snorkel and has mo fear lol

I'm assuming the boats are required to have life vests on board I guess ill email and ask

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
6. Re: kids life vest

They have to have life vest (both for adults and kids). Did you mean in case of a problem or for her to wear while she is in the water??? My daughter was the same at that age, after 20 years still says Stingray City is one of her favorite places!!!

chicago
7. Re: kids life vest

I mean to snorkel with, based on her age I think iys appropriate

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
8. Re: kids life vest

I think the life vests that are carried on boats would make it very difficult for her to snorkel. They are made to keep a person upright in the water. Especially for a little person whose body isn't long, it would be hard for her to put her face in the water. What do you use for her when she is snorkeling or in the pool etc. Also keep in mind that there are two separate places to go to for the stingrays both in the North Sound. Stingray City is 12 to 15ft and great for snorkeling, Stingray Sandbar is 3 to 5 ft and "big" people walk around and the "littler" people are held by the big people. I would not want my 3 year old floating around on her own there not because of the rays, but because of how many people are there. It is a great place even if does get crowded!!!! My kids grew up snorkeling and were very comfortable in the water. My daughter had her "water" wings on the first time we went which was to Stingray City. Since you will need something for her anyway I would bring to whichever place you go. They will have life jackets, but they are made for a totally different purpose than snorkeling and might be prohibitive for her. Maybe someone who has had a little one in the water with a life vest there can chime in.

chicago
9. Re: kids life vest

In Mexico in the open water she wore a life vest, at discovery cove in pool she wore snorkel vest, at home she doesn't use anything in the pool or lake

She can swim but she's four, I wouldn't take her in open water without a life vest

Are there any tours that visit both spots on same trip?

10. Re: kids life vest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 24, 2014