We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bringing food into Grand Cayman?

Which Grand Cayman hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naugatuck...
bringing food into Grand Cayman?

In years past I've brought in snacks,cereal,pancake mix without a problem at customs.I did explain which items I brought in my suitcase or carry-on. This year I thought to save some money by bringing some frozen items(steaks) ,cheeses,etc. in a carry-on cooler type thing.Am I asking for trouble? I have four hungry guys to feed for a week! Appreciate any thoughts.Almost forgot- Thanks to whoever recommended White Rose Charters for fishing trip.My husband and 2 sons can't wait to go again in June!

31 replies to this topic
Kansas
reviews: 30
31. Re: bringing food into Grand Cayman?

I also utilized the grocery shopping services of Eddie Ebanks at Cayman Shoppers and was very pleased. After the initial e-mail communication to obtain all the details, I simply e-mailed my full grocery & liquor list about a week ahead of our arrival. When we arrived at our condo, everything had already been delivered and put away in the fridge or pantry. It was a wonderful treat! The charge (as of March) was $65 plus the groceries. They leave an envelope with all receipts in the kitchen. I will definitely treat myself to their service on our next trip. Although we enjoy perusing grocery stores for unusual items to purchase and sample and always make a stop or two at the local groceries, their delivery service allowed us to choose when to enjoy browsing without the hurried rush to get everything purchased, keep it cool for the drive to Rum Point, carry everything up to the condo and get settled before we could hit the beach. With Cayman Shoppers, it made our arrival much more relaxed and enjoyable. Keep in mind the currency conversion rate is $0.82 for our U.S. dollar. Also, grocery bags are just one more item that must be shipped to the island and they do charge a nickel or so for each bag at the grocery stores so I tuck a few grocery bags in the outside pocket of my luggage.

e-mail: shop@caymanshoppers.com

phone: 345-916-2978

cell: 345-947-0284

Reply to: bringing food into Grand Cayman?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted