We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't Miss Restaurants

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 202
Can't Miss Restaurants

I am coming to Grand Cayman this Sunday unexpectedly. Normally I spend a lot of time pre- trip to research but this trip I don't have much time so need some help! What are the "must visit" restaurants that I have to hit? I love seafood and high end cuisine. Most important thing is REALLY good food! I am staying on Seven Mile Beach.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
reviews: 94
31. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

SunSeeker,

The good news is that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. According to Forbes, 5000+ people's opinion rated the Cayman Islands as the #1 "Friendliest Country in the world for expats"

forbes.com/sites/…

To quote the article:

"There’s no income or payroll tax, summer all-year-round, hardly any crime, and no pollution,” notes happy Scottish expat Steve McIntosh. “Grand Cayman has all the amenities of a city with the close-knit community of a town. That’s why most people who come here for a short assignment end up staying long term.”

Of course, to be fair, "most people" might not include Wales.

32. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, February 28, 2013
Colorado
Destination Expert
33. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

caymankai-

there is no best anything and you can't self-promote your website or services on this site.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 19
34. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

Yes Smushie, and if we were to pick a 'best' it would most likely be the one that was officially voted best in the Caribbean, Blue

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 42
35. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

While I certainly would concur, those who think the All You Can Eat Pancakes for $5 might not agree . . . quite frankly I think that is expensive. Do you know how many pancakes you could make yourself for $5?

Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 11
36. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

hehehehe! Awesome post ;-) The benefit of going condo route for us for GC vacations with fam and/or friends has always included, in addition to more space and in suite laundry (no need for checked luggage!) has been super savings and comfort of breakfast in pjs, on hand snacks, drinks on patio prior to enjoying relaxed, yummy dinner meals at excellent GC restaurants!!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
37. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

Pancakes? I wake up every morning with some fresh fruit and coconut water along with a slice of "heavy bread" topped with Avocado (Jamaican Pears). That's my "best" when it comes to the most important meal of the day.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 202
38. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Arriving tomorrow!

39. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:31 am, June 24, 2013
Colorado
Destination Expert
40. Re: Can't Miss Restaurants

I believe you've already made your point reeci. It's one that differs dramatically from both the majority of other posters here as well as that of the 5000+ other responses submitted to Forbes as the magazine generated their annual list of friendliest places in the world. To be fair, compared to the pristine natural beauty of Wales, everywhere else in the world looks like a garbage dump.

Edited: 11:53 am, March 13, 2013