We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bombay Chopsticks Opens

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
Bombay Chopsticks Opens

New East End dinning option. Not sure we'll get to try it next trip, but interested to see what the initial reception is.

http://www.bombaychopsticks.ky/

Jupiter, Florida
1. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

I've talked to a few people who have tried it. I think it's a little bit pricier than people expected, but everyone has said the food was good. I'll try it next week and let y'all know what I think. I'm not a big fan of Indian food but people seem to indicate it's a combination of Asian and Indian.

Miami
reviews: 1
2. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

The prices on the menu look quite reasonable for Cayman. Maybe I'll try it next time I'm there.

Jupiter, Florida
3. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

We tried it tonight for carry-out. We ordered the Chow Mein, Tandoori Prawns, and an order of Hot and Sour Soup to share. The total came to $38 CI (or a bit over $45 US). The chow mein was a mix of noodles, vegetables, chicken, small shrimp, and pork; the other dish included 2 prawns with sauce served in split shells, rice, chutney, and veggies. Everything was good, including the soup which had a bit of a kick to it (nothing like hot and sour soup you might be used to in the States - more of a tomato base, and no tofu).

The space is quite small, but nicely decorated with just 4 or 5 tables. It's nice to have someplace nearby on East End when we don't feel like cooking or traveling far.

They are planning to provide a delivery service to those nearby and also are in the process of getting a liquor license. In the meantime, diners have the option of bringing in their own and paying a corkage fee.

Other items on the menu included Tandoori Lobster Tail, Shrimp Szechuan, Sweet and Sour Fish, Beef and Broccoli, Chicken Biryani, and Mixed Fried Rice. Entree prices were between $15 CI (fried rice) and $24 CI (lobster tail). They also offer a nice selection of appetizers.

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
4. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

Thanks for the feedback! Nice to have more and more dinning options offering differing cuisine opening on the Quite Side.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 19
5. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

Indian/Chinese fusion isn't as rare as some people may think, the proximity of the two cultures meant a lot of trade and exchange of ideas throughout history and I saw a lot of Indian restaurants during my travels in China. The two cuisines may not share an identical spice palate but there's definitely some overlap, I hope this place is good, maybe they are preparing for the influx when the new hospital opens

There's certainly a lot of Indian chefs on island so hopefully they're allowed to cook the kind of food they would want to eat themselves. Will be sure to try it in January, compare it to the benchmark that is Sunset House

6. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, November 27, 2012
Jupiter, Florida
7. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

We didn't feel like cooking again last night, and made a dinner of appetizers we ordered as carry out. We tried the Shrimp Tikka with mango chutney (shrimp skewer with peppers and red onions - $8), Lamb Khofta (spiced lamb meatballs with cilantro and chutney - $12), Fried Calamari with sweet-chili dipping sauce - $7) and Chicken 65 (Fried madras spiced chicken tenders - $8). We also asked for a side order of plain white rice, which was included in the total price of $35 CI. Everything was very good, and the only thing we'll probably skip next time would be the Lamb Khofta, and that's just due to our personal preferences). Everything was well prepared, well seasoned, and cooked to order.

All the staff are quite pleasant. I hope their new little restaurant is a hit on East End!

8. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, November 29, 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
9. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

Chef, posting on this thread is your second attempt to promote one of your establishments, first South Coast and now the new restaurant. All of your posts have been removed. You can not use TA to promote your own interests, it is not a Face Book page. Follow the example of Steve Broadbelt and Paperman's Coffee. Both run businesses on the island but always comply with TA guidelines. They offer valuable input from a local's perspective but steer clear of referencing their own business interests unless it includes self-disclosure. You could also offer travel insight and advice to Cayman's visitors, just not posts which refer to your own restaurants.

Personally, if I feel that a business was inappropriately advertised on TA by an owner, I do not patronize them.

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
10. Re: Bombay Chopsticks Opens

kiddos,

It did not appear as Chef Remy was violating any posting rules. Business owners are permitted to participate in discussions regarding their concerns provided they make a full disclose of their involvement.

From the posting guidelines:

tripadvisor.com/help/Can_I_sell_or_promote_s…

"You can: Participate in a discussion related to your business or a competitor's business, but you must clearly state your affiliation as a representative. Our members are entitled to this information so that they can be aware of any potential bias in your comments. A simple statement like, "Hi, I'm John from XYZ Tours," is sufficient disclosure."