We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parasailing anyone?

Kentucky
Parasailing anyone?

We will be staying in the east end and I'm interested in the dual parasailing. Who offers this? Do we have to go to Georgetown/SMB to do it?

Mount Tabor, New...
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
reviews: 18
1. Re: Parasailing anyone?

You'll need to go to Seven Mile Beach. You can find vendors at Royal Palms, up by Public Beach/Calico Jack's and the RedSail outposts along the beach.

Kentucky
2. Re: Parasailing anyone?

Ok.....I think it's worth the drive but isn't RedSail one of the Morritts offers?

You mentioned Public Beach, I thought that was east end. We are hoping to see Gimistory at the public beach, isn't that in the east end?

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for East End, Grand Cayman
reviews: 12
3. Re: Parasailing anyone?

Here is a list of public beaches in Grand Cayman:

www.rpcu.gov.ky/portal/page…

As you can see there are public beaches on the East End, but "Public Beach" when used without any additional description generally means Seven Mile Public Beach in West Bay.

Kentucky
4. Re: Parasailing anyone?

How confusing. I guess we can hope to find helpful locals to guide us to Gimistory.

Macomb, Illinois
reviews: 25
5. Re: Parasailing anyone?

I got this from the Cayman Arts website (http://www.artscayman.org/gimistory):

Gimistory 2012 will take place November 24th to December 1st 2012.

All shows begin at 7PM.

• Saturday, 24 November – West Bay "Jefferson" Public Beach

• Monday, 26 November – North Side at Kaibo "Water Cay" Beach

• Tuesday, 27 November – East End "Heritage Field" Public Beach

• Wednesday, 28 November – Bodden Town at Nurse Josie’s Seniors Centre (same road towards the Mission House)

• Thursday, 29 November – Little Cayman School (day only)

• Thursday, 29 November – Cayman Brac at Heritage House

• Friday, 30 November – Camana Bay in Gardenia Court (Young At Arts – all youth)

• Saturday, 1 December – George Town at Smith’s Barcadere "Smith's Cove"

Admission is FREE!

Looking for better directions? In the week leading up to Gimistory, we will place a Gimistory ‘tall man’ (a painted wooden figure) near the entrance of each venue to make it even easier to find it.

When you arrive on the island, stop at the Information desk at the airport (after Immigration and as you enter the baggage/customs area) and pick up a map that shows all the public beaches.

I want to say thanks for the heads-up - I have never heard of this before. However, since the Cayman Arts organization also sponsors Rundown (which I saw and loved) I have to expect this to be more than worthwhile :)

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 43
6. Re: Parasailing anyone?

Red Sail doesn't do parasailing but you can set it up through them. I don't think the East End lends iitself to the experience. It can be chopping and the "bat" boat is not big. On the West side (SMB) the water is usually like glass and affords guests an pleasant and safe experience. I would also think that it is not worth the ops time to come around the island when there is pretty much a constant stream of business between the Marriott, Westin, RC, Beachsuites and all the condos.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for East End, Grand Cayman
reviews: 12
7. Re: Parasailing anyone?

There were a couple of guys solo parasailing on the East End - I assume having departed from the Morritts dock - when I was there in September, and they seemed to be doing OK (I think I recall parasailors in July too but am not 100% sure).

That said, it was in summer when the seas are pretty calm...also, I have not seen any dual parasailing rigs on the East End.

Edited: 10:22 am, November 16, 2012
8. Re: Parasailing anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, December 16, 2013