We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott renovations

Which Cayman Islands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 8
Marriott renovations

From the Marriott Website-

Renovation Information – Guest room enhancement July 26, 2013-November 3, 2013. Renovations will be done floor by floor with minimal guest disturbance expected. Public spaces will not affected.

We are arriving on Aug 3 for a week and may be locked in because we are using points for our stay. May have to just cross our fingers and hope for the best. This information was not on the website when I made our reservations. Marriott has now also upgraded this hotel from a category 7 to category 8 for use with points. However they are honoring the lower point cost for us because we made the reservation earlier. Trying to wheel and deal in points is proving more difficult all the time and this trip is the hardest yet. Now will be waiting for direct contact from the hotel because they cannot change the reservation on their system without using the new higher classification.

Damn, I need a vacation from planning a vacation.

New York
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman
reviews: 41
1. Re: Marriott renovations

Hotels do renovations all the time that have little or no affect on guests. In fact it is to your advantage that a floor at a time will be empty because it will mean less guests at the pool and the beach. The other is a formality for them to sort out internally. In the long run you win!!!

NJ
reviews: 8
2. Re: Marriott renovations

I guess that is one way to look at it. I am having definite second thoughts about the Marriott. I have seen a lot of positive things written about the Westin. Maybe a change is the right thing to do......

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
reviews: 16
3. Re: Marriott renovations

That's what I would do. I would not want worry or anxiety about my hotel choice to dampen the excitement about my trip. BTW, the Westin is a lovely property with pool and beach areas that beat the Marriott hands down.

4. Re: Marriott renovations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, July 03, 2014