We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Need suggestions: VG or Turks

boston
reviews: 2
HELP! Need suggestions: VG or Turks

Looking for spectacular beaches, quiet and uncrowded. Maybe afternoon happy hour and sunsets. Have been to Baths via boat, not on land. Best part of island? Is driving crazy like Tortola? Mango Bay Resort or Guavaberry? 2 weeks too long? Only have short time to make up mind. Any sugestions are appreciated.

Canada
1. Re: HELP! Need suggestions: VG or Turks

Cheryl,

to be honest, if you can, i would split your stay between Tortola and Virgin Gorda. 2 weeks is a long time on Virgin Gorda, but splitting it between the two would be amazing! I have been to both islands, and I would probably spend the first week on Virgin Gorda, unwinding and totally letting go. If you can, look into a villa, perhaps in the Nail Bay area. There is a wonderful villa there called Lan Y Mor that we saw, but did not stay at, last time we were there. Small one bedroom with beautiful views and access to beach. Totally gorgeous, we would do that if we ever went back without the kids!

When on Tortola, try to stay near Cane Garden. Amazing beach, good dining, can be a little busier in the high season, but there are so many beaches for you to escape to, you can find the quiet you are looking for!

Have a great trip, you are heading to a beautiful location!

(PS- Turks' beaches tend to be busier, hence no mention before now. They are GORGEOUS, but again, there are more people...)

2. Re: HELP! Need suggestions: VG or Turks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 26, 2009