We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Ideas & how much for a taxi around the island for 5

Which West End hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
One Day Ideas & how much for a taxi around the island for 5

Hi I am looking to find out How much it would cost to take a taxi around the island stopping at beaches along the way. There are 5 of us and would like to go some were nice for lunch. We are staying at the Tamarind. Any ideas? Would it be it a per person deal or a group deal. I heard the Banankeet is wonderful. Do they do lunch? thanks!!!

Morristown, New...
reviews: 10
1. Re: One Day Ideas & how much for a taxi around the island for 5

You'll need to work out a deal upfront with driver. Normal rates are pp with a 3 person minimum. Check with the folks at Tamarind , I'm sure they have a few drivers they can suggest. You may be much better off just renting a vehicle for the day, as long as you have a desiginated driver!

Virginia
reviews: 1
2. Re: One Day Ideas & how much for a taxi around the island for 5

Its been a couple of years now since we were there, but on our one and only visit to the BVIs my wife and I had a day before our charter began, so we took a several-hour tour with Dougie Penn, and had a great time. Nice guy, informative, and its hard to beat the scenery. He dropped us off in Road Town to wander around and get some lunch, and met us back exactly as planned. My memory is a bit hazy on the price, but I'm thinking around $60. For sure it was under $100. This was back in 2008, so who knows if the number is still good, but we have him at 284-496-7571. good luck.

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
3. Re: One Day Ideas & how much for a taxi around the island for 5

You could be better off hiring a car, about 60USD per day.

4. Re: One Day Ideas & how much for a taxi around the island for 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 29, 2010