First time back to the BVI's after almost 15 years (starting a family). Taking my kids (6, 8, 10) and wife to Scrub Island on Thursday. First, thanks to all on TripAdvisor, especially the Tortola forum, for great insight and recommendations. I used this forum along with the TTOL forum to get back up to speed about the BVIs. Trying not to over-plan this trip since being in the islands is all about keeping it loose, but here is what I have so far:
- have a taxi lined up to pick us up at the STT airport.
- got the ferry schedules on my iphone and am ready to take the first one at the dock to Road Town
- have a rental car line up for me when I arrive at RT (thanks to Jerry's rentals)
- Have mapped all the good restaurants and nice beaches on Tortola
- Have a day sail on a cat booked to go over to JVD (with Karalu)
- Have plans for a ferry over to VG and plan to rent a car (from Mahogany) one day (this one is optional, but I think my kids would love to see the Baths)
I will make sure I review Scrub Island, activities, and the restaurants since you all were kind enough to do that for me. The only question I have is did I miss anything?