We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Provisioning

Which Tortola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
brooklyn, ny
reviews: 11
Provisioning

We are renting a villa for a week in June. We are aware of two provisioning companies that will stock our villa with food and beverage- Ample Hamper and Bobby's Marketplace. Anybody have any feedback on either of those or another recommendation? We would prefer something that we could do online.

BVI
1. Re: Provisioning

You can also do:

OneMart

and RiteWay: http://rtwbvi.com/

or, you could book someone to do the rounds for you and get in what you want from all over

http://www.flyingfoodshow.com/

- you'll find Steph's direct e-mail on that site and she'll do your shopping and your cooking for you.

Boston...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Provisioning

Beware of Amplehamper! The prices they post on the internet are not what they charge. They state tha all prices are approximate and are subject to change without notice

Example... fresh fruit and vegetable prices change weekly. Your final price may be greater or less but will normally not vary by more than 10%. I recently submitted an order for delivery within one week of the date of the order. I received a confirmation of the price shown on their web site and then when it was delivered a few days later, the price had increased by over 15%. I questioned this increase at the time of the delivery and in a subsequent email but they refused to respond. In my opinion, they intentionally list low prices on the internet, confirm these low prices when they send you your receipt and then charge you whatever amount they feel like when they deliver to the boat at the dock knowing you have no choice but to accept delivery. I would never voluntarily do business with a company which engages in what I consider to be such unethical business practices.

UK
3. Re: Provisioning

Uh oh, we have ordered online with ample hamper to be delivered Sunday morning and the total was already sky high!

Holland, MI
reviews: 2
4. Re: Provisioning

Just got back from 2 weeks on Tortola. No one told me that I should arrange for provisioning for our villa. We've always (on other islands) been provided with a welcome basket containing bottled water, soft drinks, beer, rum, fruit, cheese, crackers, coffee, tea, etc. In other words enough for a snack when you arrive and a simple breakfast for your first day. When we arrived at our villa in Tortola after a 16 hour travel day there was NOTHING but 1 can of coke in the frig. Not even a bottle of water to drink!!

Don't be caught in that situation. I'd suggest either Bobby's or RiteWay. At least get something to drink and a few groceries and start your trip out on a better note than ours did.

New York
5. Re: Provisioning

Bobby's is the cheapest supermarket, Riteway has the biggest selection, the Ample Hamper has the most 'deli' items.

I recently went to a wedding catered for by two English girls who said that they do provisioning and catering on land after years of being charter cooks. Their names are Lucy and Charlotte, their email is angelscatering@hotmail.com and their phone no. is 496-7142.

6. Re: Provisioning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 14, 2009