We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach with 21 month old end of Dec?

Santa Claus, IN
reviews: 1
Beach with 21 month old end of Dec?

Hi everyone!

We are traveling on a RCCL cruise for New Years with my mom for her bday and will be those crazy people with a kid. It is our first port to stop in and we would really like to head to a beach for a few hours. I was thinking about going to Cane Garden Bay; however, I'm a little disappointed due to the amount of people saying it is very touristy, too busy, and dirty. The other option I was considering is Brewers Bay? I read that is only 15 minutes away? Smugglers Cove was another option but I read that is really far away (45 min cab) and doesn't have bathroom facilities.

Any input? I believe to go to Baths it is a ferry ride. I would love to do that but knowing my daughter we will get some place around 9-10am and need to head back to the boat around 1-2 to relax.

My husband is really into the beach and photography...

I guess my other concern is there arent many options for car seats so she will be on my lap and there is a bumpy area and scary driving. So distance is also and ability to get a taxi back on the cruise ship easily is important.

I think bottom line is I need to get over the crowds and go to CGB and enjoy it for a few hours.

Thanks so much for your thoughts-

Marissa

Charlottesville...
reviews: 115
1. Re: Beach with 21 month old end of Dec?

Marissa,

There is nothing special about CGB the day a cruise ship is docked except for the crowds. Personally, I think Brewer's is a better beach than CGB, and Nicole's Restaurant at Brewer's serves some of the best hamburgers on the island. I think all 4 of you will find Brewer's more relaxing than CGB. We spent 8 days in a villa at Smuggler's, and that is our favorite beach on Tortola, but the lack of facilities will not work for you.

Brewer's is approx 10 - 15 mins north of CGB, and Smugglers ins 1- 0 15 mins south. I suggest using the same cab driver - make arrangements for the driver who takes you to Brewer's to pick you up at x o'clock.

Happy birthday to your mother and have a great trip, alashas http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Santa Claus, IN
reviews: 1
2. Re: Beach with 21 month old end of Dec?

Thank you so much for your message, I will be taking your advice!!

North Pole, New York
reviews: 97
3. Re: Beach with 21 month old end of Dec?

I totally agree with alashas, Brewer's Bay is your best bet and have the driver return to get you. The taxi fare to Brewer's and CGB is the same (in your case $16pp roundtrip & your daughter is free if under 4 yrs, 1/2 fare if 4 - 10 yrs old). You will enjoy a much more relaxing day at Brewer's. There are chair rentals and as alashas said Nicole's is reputed to have an excellent burger and there's another place there as well. CGB's name should change to "Elbow" beach when ships are in because it's elbow to elbow like on the ship's main deck!

Have a great cruise and happy birthday to Mom!

4. Re: Beach with 21 month old end of Dec?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 16, 2013