We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sebastians on the beach or Fort Recovery?

virginia
Sebastians on the beach or Fort Recovery?

My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon in Tortola and we are in our early 30s. Our 2 choices of stay is wih either Sebatians or Fort Recovery. Both have pretty good deals at the moment, but since i've never been i can't quite make up my mind.

Yes...it is our honeymoon, but we want to have fun and experience island life to its fullest....we want interesting and fun.....some quite time. Anyone know whatthe area is like in October?

I heard different reports about the sand in front of Sebastians....is it there or gone.

Thanks for the help

Hatfield...
reviews: 90
1. Re: Sebastians on the beach or Fort Recovery?

I just returned from my first trip to Tortola, which I enjoyed very much. Based solely on location, I would hands down rather be at Sebastian's instead of Fort Recovery--within walking distance of a handful of restaurants and Bomba's, not to mention closer to the better beaches. Fort Recovery is only more convenient to Road Town.

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials--hope you enjoy Tortola as much as I did!

2. Re: Sebastians on the beach or Fort Recovery?

I agree with the previous post - definitely Sebastian's. Also, take a look at Sebastian's Seaside Villas - they are slightly more luxurious than the rooms on the beach and it's only a two-minute walk away. At Sebastian's you'll be within easy walking distance of some good restaurants including one of my favourites, Coco Plums. You are also in walking distance (although the road is a little steep) to some fabulous beaches: Long Bay and a bit further still, Smuggler's Cove.

You'll probably find it's still fairly quiet in October (hurricane season runs from June to November with most activity in September). I've been a few times in October/November and there have been years when there has been a bit more rain than others.

The best advice I could give though is to hire a car and explore - you can drive from one end of Tortola to the other in less than an hour. Also, as the islands are close together, you can have great days out on Virgin Gorda and Jost van Dyke as well as the USVI. Hope this helps.

trudi@bestofbvi.com

virginia
3. Re: Sebastians on the beach or Fort Recovery?

Appreciate the help....looks like i have made up my mind.