We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cap Caraibes (St Maarten) or Ku/Shoal Bay Villas (Anguilla)

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
Cap Caraibes (St Maarten) or Ku/Shoal Bay Villas (Anguilla)

Please Help!!!

I'm having a difficult time choosing between staying on Orient Beach in St. Maarten and Shoal Bay East on Anguilla. How do these two beaches compare?

Also, which do you think is a better deal: Cap Caraibes (1st floor) at $260.40/night or Shoal Bay Villas (One bedroom poolside suite) at $360/night?

I hear that Shoal Bay East Beach is the best, but is it worth $100/night more compared to Orient Beach?

Thanks for your help.

St. maarten
reviews: 1
1. Re: Cap Caraibes (St Maarten) or Ku/Shoal Bay Villas (Anguilla)

There is more to do on Orient beach and it is a lot more touristy. Orient is usually more crowded unless the Disney cruise dumps all their screaming kids on shoal bay.

Orient has some nudity Shoal bay does not.

Chicago, Illinois
2. Re: Cap Caraibes (St Maarten) or Ku/Shoal Bay Villas (Anguilla)

Thanks Denver:

Can I still have a relaxing vacation on Orient Beach (reading, tanning, and napping in the sun), even though its crowded and touristy?

Thanks for your help.

Virgin Gorda, BVI
3. Re: Cap Caraibes (St Maarten) or Ku/Shoal Bay Villas (Anguilla)

Personally, I don't find Orient Bay beach relaxing, too many people and too much activity going on around you. Shoal Bay is far more relaxing, and if it's crowded(which is rare, and I've never seen it nearly as busy as Orient, it's a very large beach), you can always take a quick drive to Rendezvous Bay, Meads Bay, or Savannah Bay/Junk's Hole, no traffic on Anguilla. If you wanted to take a drive to a quieter beach from Orient, you'll spend far too much time stuck in the terrible traffic that is plaguing SXM.

Chicago, Illinois
4. Re: Cap Caraibes (St Maarten) or Ku/Shoal Bay Villas (Anguilla)

Yank: Thanks for the input.

I've decided to find a place on Anguilla. Do you think Madeariman is a good choice? The rates are:

Studio: $205/nt + 20%

Suite: $260/nt + 20%

Thanks...

Virgin Gorda, BVI
5. Re: Cap Caraibes (St Maarten) or Ku/Shoal Bay Villas (Anguilla)

Madeariman is really nice. It's located right next door to Uncle Ernie's beach bar, a great place for cheap eats. We actually looked at staying there, but they were full, so we stayed at SBV instead. The one thing I liked about SBV was the pool. It sounds silly, being on such a gorgeous beach, but we always ended our day with a dip in the pool. You really can't go wrong with any of the small hotels on Shoal Bay East!

Anguilla
6. Re: Cap Caraibes (St Maarten) or Ku/Shoal Bay Villas (Anguilla)

In the winter, the rate for a poolside one bedroom suite at Shoal Bay Villas is $300.00/night and in the summer is at $185.00/night.

It also have a summer weekly package at $1176.00 for the poolsdie one bedroom suite and that rate includes taxes.

Just thought I should share that, all the informaton can be find a www.sbvillas.ai