We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental and Other Questions

Which Grand Case hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 6
Car Rental and Other Questions

Hello, I've been lurking on the boards a lot getting ready for our upcoming SXM/AXA trip and have learned so much!

We are arriving next week Tuesday (Nov 23rd) at 9 pm and will be staying at GCBC for 4 nights before heading to Anguilla for 3 nights. I have set up a rental car through Hertz to pick up at 9:45 pm but having never been to the island before I am wondering how difficult it will be to navigate at night? I've read about the Prestige rental through GCBC but the last post I found was from 2006 so any recent info would be great! Thinking that maybe we should see if there are any cars available from Prestige and cancel our Hertz reservation. Also, I have read about the street fair on Tuesday nights in Grand Case and wonder if it would be difficult to get to the hotel with the main boulevard closed?

Any good grocery stores around GCBC? I'm not sure I want to drive to Legrande Marche looking for something closer.

Lastly, wondering how much time to allot for seeing PIc Paradise/Lotterie Farm? I had read that doing a tour to Pic Paradise is advised rather than doing that on your own, where would I be able to book a tour?

Thanks!

Melissa

Staten Island, New...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Car Rental and Other Questions

You do not sound 100% comfortable with driving from the airport to Grand Case after dark. I suggest you try to have your rental car delivered to the hotel or as you suggest change agencies to best fit your needs & budget.

Harmony Nights is a high season event usually in February. I can't seem to find the current schedule. here is the one from last season.

http://www.grandcase.com/harmony.html

There is a new grocer in the general area of GC. I'm sure someone will post the exact location and directions for you later today.

Loterie Farm offers guided tours of Pic Paradis.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
reviews: 8
2. Re: Car Rental and Other Questions

The only larger grocery in the area is the new US Imports in Hope Estate. About a 3 minute drive from GCBC. I understand there are a couple of small mom and pop type stores in GC itself.

If it's your first trip, I would take a taxi to GCBC and have your car delivered in the am. Especially that late when you are tired from traveling. Not a fun drive in the dark.

Here is info on Loterie Farm. Lunch at Hidden Forest Cafe or Tree Tops Lounge is a special experience.

http://www.loteriefarm.net/

Have fun!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 6
3. Re: Car Rental and Other Questions

Thank you for your responses! I think we are going to change the rental car and a cab to the hotel. I agree that we will likely be pretty tired from traveling all day and then trying to navigate at night. Thanks for the web links!

Melissa

Edited: 6:09 pm, November 20, 2010
4. Re: Car Rental and Other Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 20, 2011