We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

Which Simpson Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

I had (have) a trip scheduled, booked through my timeshare exchange company, for the Simpson Bay/Pelican Resort for April. Last week my exchange company told me the resort was closed and to find different accomodations. Last night I received a call from the exhange company telling me the resort will re-open on March 12th and my reservation could be honored.

The Simpson Bay website has still not posted any updates. Has anyone else out there received notice of Simpson Bay's re-opening?

Cupecoy Bay, St...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

thedailyherald.com/islands/1-islands-news/14…

New York City, New...
2. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

Thanks for the article. I am still a little uneasy over all of the "temporary" jargon in the article and agreement. A lockout could occur again at any time.

Does anyone have any information on similar occurences on the island?

Does this happen often with the labour unions?

Newport Beach, CA
reviews: 11
3. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

I spoke with the resort this am and they indicated all will be well for a full opening this Saturday. They have a detailed employee meeting this afternoon to go over all the specifics.

My concern is this...I have an existing reservation for next week, Wednesday thru Sunday. I have a backup booked at Flamingo for the same time period.

I have the same rate at both resorts, but I have one of the nicer "Residences" at Pelican, and the standard ocean studio suite at Flamingo.

Looking for any add'l input. Should I go with Pelican or Flamingo?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Maarten-St Martin
reviews: 5
4. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

Stick with the Flamingo. Still may be a few disgruntled workers and staff at the Pelican. The Ocean view Flamingo studios are great and newly refurbished with very nice amenities. Pool is nicer at the Flamingo than the residence. Nice well kept beach right in front of your unit. Residence does not have a beach but can use the beach infront of the Atrium or the Pelican. Both just a short walk from the residences.

Fairfax, Virginia
5. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

Bigger is not necessarily better. Depends on how many people are in the unit, too. But as an active 60 year old, I FAR preferred the class act at the Flamingo...as long as you are oceanfront. You can always walk over to the "Pelican" anyway.

Newport Beach, CA
6. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

Thanks for the input guys. I cancelled my stay at Pelican/Simpson bay Residences and I'm looking forward to Flamingo. From what it sounds like, it may be a blessing in disguise!

Lee's BBQ and Guavaberry - here I come!

Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 14
7. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

Yes, I'm an owner and I received notice they were reopening.

Attleboro...
reviews: 4
8. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

Any input or reviews on this resort since it reopened on the 11th? There is quite a bit of availability for timeshare exchange and it looks nice. Any word on whether employees remain disgruntled, condition of property etc?

Newport Beach, CA
9. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

Currently eating at Lee's and enjoying the ever impressive happy hour. Sooooo glad I cancelled Pelican. Flamingo is great, much nicer beach, and I'm very happy with our ocean studio view room at Flamingo. Highly recommend!!!

Waltham...
reviews: 7
10. Re: Simpson Bay Resort/Pelican Resort Opening

We are staying there now and all is well. We lucked out as it opened before our week.

It used to be a bit busier. I would definitely not cancel any plans to come here.

I also believe you can get good value because of the availability

Jamie

Get answers to your questions about Simpson Bay