We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

international calling cards

Which Simpson Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 1
international calling cards

Where can I buy an international calling card to call from St Maarten to the US in 2 weeks? I'm looking for one that is not too expensive as I will be using a good amount of minutes, which is why I do not want to use a cell phone. Any recommendations?

Pennsylvania
reviews: 6
1. Re: international calling cards

Rent a cell phone from Sharon. We did to keep in touch with our son at home. It also worked all over the island.

http://www.queenofsxm.com/wst_page9.html

North Carolina
2. Re: international calling cards

Is .32/minute the cheapest rate? Plus the $15 to rent the phone? Or could I find a prepaid calling card cheaper?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St Maarten-St Martin
reviews: 5
3. Re: international calling cards

Problem with some calling cards is that they are hard to use in some phones. Renting a phone is far easier and cheaper in the long run.

North Carolina
4. Re: international calling cards

I would only need to use a calling card from the Atrium's phone in our room. I will try to check with them and see what they say.

Pennsylvania
reviews: 6
5. Re: international calling cards

We had a wierd experience in Mexico using an international calling card from our hotel room, so do check that out with the Atrium first.

New Jersey
reviews: 4
6. Re: international calling cards

Rent a cell from Sharon, we have done it for years and it is the way to go. Vakshuner gave you her web site. You will not be sorry!

Zeeland, Michigan
reviews: 15
7. Re: international calling cards

We totally agree with using Sharon - worked out great for us, plus incoming calls from the US are free (charge for the US phone), but Sharon will give very clear instructions on calling from the US. You'll have your own number that those from home can reach you at any time.

North Carolina
8. Re: international calling cards

Does anybody know of an international calling card I can let my fiance use to call me from the US to the St. Maarten cell phone I rent?? I feel like .38/min is a little expensive if I called him from the cell phone.

Passaic NJ
reviews: 2
9. Re: international calling cards

jessimess04 try this url to find a calling card. They start at 10+ cents a minute and up.

www.alosmart.com/calling_card.asp…

10. Re: international calling cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Simpson Bay