We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive food options in Phillipsburg

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gorham, Maine
reviews: 23
Inexpensive food options in Phillipsburg

We'll be staying for a week in Phillipsburg without a car. (It's our 3rd time on island and are just looking to sit and bake.)

We're also on a budget this time so we're looking for inexpensive dining options in town; places we could walk to. I know there are options in Grand Case and Simpson Bay, but would like to know our in-town options.

Thanks very much!

Dutch Side Dragon

Gorham, Maine
reviews: 67
11. Re: Inexpensive food options in Phillipsburg

are there any LoLo (like) places on the Dutch side? We are not renting a car, so we'll be staying close to Philipsburg or within a bus-stop or 2.

Staten Island, New...
reviews: 9
12. Re: Inexpensive food options in Phillipsburg

Check the restaurant map locator or check by food type - price - location . Lolos are considered to be inexpensive but adding travel time and cost may not save you.

You could bus over to Maho, then walk to Mullet, enjoy a day at the beach and Rosie's Ribs...

Gorham, Maine
reviews: 67
13. Re: Inexpensive food options in Phillipsburg

I've seen others mention Rosies, we most definately will get over to Mullet one day (by the sounds of it, maybe 2). Is the walk to Mullet along the road of on the beach? So excited to be going back to SXM and on such short notice too, we just booked 2 days ago and leave on 2/2. I LOVE to be spontaneous!.

Staten Island, New...
reviews: 9
14. Re: Inexpensive food options in Phillipsburg

It is a short 10 minute walk using the sidewalk in Maho and the roadway once you enter Mullet Bay. There is no beach access thru Maho.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
reviews: 10
15. Re: Inexpensive food options in Phillipsburg

Dining with locals in Philipsburg try the ones down at the far end by Sea Palace, the "foot" of town. Honky Tonk, One Eyed Jacks etc. Also for a fine dining experience (just in case!), There is Antoines dinesxm.com/location/philipsburg-boardwalk

That link should get to some information on other

Passaagrahan (sp?), linked above has a nice happy hour. honestly, most places if you are there after the cruisers go home, is populated mostly by locals. Now, locals could be from Canada, with a very Dutch clientele - like Get Wet Bar. Really good home made soup!

If you like Indian food, Shiv Sagar has a wonderful reputation, although I have not tried it yet.

Peachtree Corners...
reviews: 39
16. Re: Inexpensive food options in Phillipsburg

I only had breakfast there, but I enjoyed Bottoms Up Beach Bar & Grill. It was right on the boardwalk and the staff was very friendly. The price was fair although it was cash only. I did go before the cruise ships let off the masses, so it was quiet and you could enjoy the view.

17. Re: Inexpensive food options in Phillipsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 24, 2014