We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buses, public tranport. how to know them??

Which Philipsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, Rhode...
reviews: 15
buses, public tranport. how to know them??

We will be staying in St. Maarten but not renting a car, we were told that the "public transportation" is less expensive than a taxi (which I have a copy of the taxi rates). Does anyone know how to tell if it is a "bus" or not because apparently they are "mini vans" like taxis?? are there certain stops at certain times, do they go all over the island. Just not sure how long will have to wait at a particularly spot for the bus.....:)

Cupecoy Bay, St...
reviews: 8
1. Re: buses, public tranport. how to know them??

There is no schedule and very few run at night. It's a typical 15 passenger type van, sometimes smaller. There will be a sign in the window saying where they are going. License plate says BUS vs taxi plate says Taxi..

Buffalo, New York
reviews: 3
2. Re: buses, public tranport. how to know them??

Great way to get around the island, have visited many times and never had the need to rent a car. The buses will have signs in the windows showing their routes.

Cupecoy Bay, St...
reviews: 8
3. Re: buses, public tranport. how to know them??

Sammy - would you mind sharing the area you stay? I would perhaps do it if I was staying somewhere I didn't have to get around at night.

Where I am in Cupecoy, buses are scarce and after about 5 non existent. I would have to walk to Maho in the dark. NOT! LOL

New Jersey
reviews: 4
4. Re: buses, public tranport. how to know them??

The most reliable transportation in SXM is the rental car!!

5. Re: buses, public tranport. how to know them??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, February 02, 2013