We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about departure taxes...

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Confused about departure taxes...

Hi,

I know a lot has been said about this subject, but I still haven't got the answer I'm looking for. I'm arriving to St. Maarten with Air France and going to Anguilla the same day. After 5 days in Anguilla I'm going to return to St. Maarten and spend 12 days there. How much departure tax (in total) will I have to pay???

I'm also visiting St. Barts for one day while staying in St. Maarten - is there also a departure tax to pay or not?

Thank you for your answers, I really appreciate it!

Goga

4 replies to this topic
Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 1
1. Re: Confused about departure taxes...

the only departure tax on your locations which you have to pay cash is Anguilla on departure from St. Martin 5 USD, and on departure from Anguilla about 27 USDs ...St. BArths and St,. Maarten taxes are already included in your airfare...

Worcester...
reviews: 14
2. Re: Confused about departure taxes...

And Saba - had to pay $10 each for us to leave.

Too bad I didn't lose my wallet. Of all places in the world to be stranded, Saba is probably the best. My God what an amazing place...

Houston, Texas
3. Re: Confused about departure taxes...

are you flying or taking the ferry to st barths...if flying are you flying from the French side or Dutch side? French side has no depature tax. Dutch side has.

Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Confused about departure taxes...

makes no difference..the tax is included in the fare.

Reply to: Confused about departure taxes...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted