We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Cliff at Cupecoy?

Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 7
The Cliff at Cupecoy?

Planning a trip to the Cliff at Cupecoy with my family......

Received a great rate on vrbo.com which includes a rental car, but can't verify owner and building manager will not verify names of condo owners of the building (understandable). Has anyone else experienced this issue? When comparing rentals directly from the building rental office vs. renting from "alleged " owners on vrbo.com there is about a $600 a week difference in price in favor of the vrbo owner's site. This particular owner has some great reviews, but I was nervous when asked to deposit security deposit (30%) directly into a BOA bank account. I don't mean to bad mouth anyone, just don't want to be the subject of an internet scam once arriving in SXM with my family.

I realize that I may have answered my own question, but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

FYI - I did speak to someone at the front desk who did say that on one instance that there were 2 groups of people who showed up for the same property on the same rental date...scary!

Thxs. TA community!

Peoria, Illinois
reviews: 58
1. Re: The Cliff at Cupecoy?

We have rented more than 12 VRBO rentals and have never had a problem - until 6 weeks ago. We rented a condo next door to The Cliff and from the beginning, we had issues. The owner was not answering emails in a reasonable amount of time and wanted a bank check for the deposit (we've never had that happen). The VRBO listing oversold the condo (another first) and for the first time, we were disappointed with the property. Our contract stated that we would have our deposit returned within one week, 5 weeks after we returned from SXM, still no deposit. I think you are appropriately cautious. Do your homework and this will end well.

Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 7
2. Re: The Cliff at Cupecoy?

thanks Dave. Realized I should of posted this message under a different heading to hopefully hear a few more responses. Sorry to hear about your security deposit. Hope all works out for you. If not please post to warn others of this property and of the owners.

3. Re: The Cliff at Cupecoy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 28, 2014