We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Case Lodging Advice, Please

Boston...
reviews: 60
Grand Case Lodging Advice, Please

Attending a wedding at Grand Case Beach Resort but they are booked solid the days we need. Traveling with our 8-month old baby. Options are:

L'Esplanade, Alamanda, Marquis, or a lower rent Grand Case apartment of some sort (we would need your advice on which one!). Other options are booked or have not met with trip advisor readers approval!

I know that Esplanade is top rated BUT the problem is that they want to charge an additional $50 per night for the baby. As I told their very nice reservationaist, I think that that is a reasonable charge for an additional adult in a room but a little outrageous for an infant in low season. So that would bring the rate in July to $310 per night for the smallest studio ($220+$50+ 15% tax and service). Marquis looks lovely but would require driving back and forth to various wedding activities. They are offering $270 per night including rental car and breakfast. Downside: No kitchen which is not necessary but does make baby food prep and storage a lot easier. Then there is Alamanda which does seem to have rooms avail but we would have to rent a car, etc... Any thoughts? I need superclean tidy tasteful surroundings, fairly baby safe (no open staircase, etc...) , and good linens/bed, and AC (at least in the bedroom). MANY THANKS!!! Also see our ??? on Anguilla lodging : )

Atlanta
reviews: 33
1. Re: Grand Case Lodging Advice, Please

L'Esplanade would be your first choice, as it is literally right above GCBC. However, I believe they are charging the extra $50 b/c in general it is a couples resort. Alamanda is very nice - only about a 10 minute drive away from GCBC. A car rental shouldn't cost much more than $25 a day in low season, so it would be cheaper to rent a car than stay at L'Esplanade, and you'd have the flexibility to do what you wanted whenever you wanted. I've been to the island 4x and stayed at a variety of places - I'd pick Alamanda. Never heard of "Marquis"?

Arlington, VA
reviews: 3
2. Re: Grand Case Lodging Advice, Please

You might want to try "California On The Beach". Their website is: www.california-st-martin.com.

They have apartments on the beach for $750.00 per week, no charge for the baby, and you will have a kitchen which is convenient.

From your balcony, you'll see the Grand Case Beach Club.

La California owner is ZUZU.

Good luck,

Sylviane

Boston...
reviews: 60
3. Re: Grand Case Lodging Advice, Please

Thank you all!

Will check out California to see if they can do nightly (instead of weekly as we are headed to Anguilla after rthe wedding) and will continue to consider Alamanda and Esplanade. Any advice on room choice at Alamanda?

Marquis looks lovely, is attached to a spa, and staff have been super responsive to inquiries. www.hotel-marquis.com ...Only reservation is that it is up steeeeep hill from Anse Marcel and I am not keen on driving it late at night/post wedding celebrations.

Arlington, VA
reviews: 3
4. Re: Grand Case Lodging Advice, Please

Don't know how many nights you intend to stay, but tax is included at La California, so, even if you are staying three days, it's worth it to pay the $750.00 weekly rate, I would think.

BTW: From la California, you have a view on Anguilla.