We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

special anniversary

boston...
special anniversary

My husband and I are planning a special anniv. vacation. Would love to hear more about hotels on St.Martin. Looking at La Samanna but nervous about the expense and some negative postings.

We would like beachside or within steps, a pool, relaxing atmosphere, quiet (but will visit other crazy beaches), and great rooms. Plan on renting a car so visiting beaches and restaurants on island is also some information we would like.

Le Petit Hotel is peaking my interest because of postings from all of you. Please fill me in. Don't want to be disappointed, especially after spending alot of money.

Thanks

Cupecoy Bay, St...
reviews: 10
1. Re: special anniversary

Have not stayed at either, but from trip reports on this and other forums, and speaking with some who have stayed there, I'd pick Le Petit. La Samanna sounds overpriced and not very pleasant. Le Petit is a boutique hotel, only a few rooms, and personalized service.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 4
2. Re: special anniversary

I agree with sxmlover. the other option is anguilla. When you pay for 5 star you get 5 star there. IMHO

Uxbridge...
reviews: 9
3. Re: special anniversary

We are returning to St. Martin next month for our second trip to this island, and researched hotels for similar qualities to those you describe. We decided on L'Esplanade, partly due to positive reviews on this forum. They are a sister property to Le Petit Hotel in Grand Case. Please note I don't believe Le Petit has a pool--guests have privileges at L'Esplanade, which is a small boutique hotel on a hill overlooking Grand Case. We stayed at the Esmeralda Resort on Orient Beach last year, which is a larger property but still nice.

Enjoy your trip!

Palm Beach Gardens...
reviews: 2
4. Re: special anniversary

Hi...for some great ideas for great places to stay...e-mail me ..CarolRNCT@aol.com...St. Maarten is a great Island to spend a second honeymoon..