We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caravanserai

buffalo, NY
reviews: 1
caravanserai

Anyone stay at the Caravanserai recently? Looking to visit St.Maarten in February, staying at either Great Bay, or Caravanserai. Some questions about Caravanserai, how's the noise of the planes, how loud is the resort at night with the nightclub Bliss, does it have a beach or do I have to travel to another part of the island for some beach fun. Thanks.

Cambridge, MA
1. Re: caravanserai

We've stayed at the Caravanserai a number of times, although the most recent time was a little more than a year ago. The noise from the planes is really not a problem -- jets aren't flying in in the middle of the night or anything. My biggest complaint was the noise from Bamboo Bernie's, not Bliss. But, we had an ocean front room which is in line with Bernie's and not Bliss. I am not sure how it would be on the other side of the resort which is more across the parking lot from Bliss. Also we were there during the end of the off-season and Bliss wasn't attracting a large crowd at that point. There is a beach at the entrance of the resort, conveniently next to the Sunset Beach Bar. Planes fly RIGHT over the beach which can be fun or annoying depending on how much you like planes. There are other, better beaches scattered across the island -- we usually don't spend more than one day at the same beach because there are so many great ones.

Hope that's helpful.

buffalo, NY
2. Re: caravanserai

Thanks for the info.

3. Re: caravanserai

We have our timeshare at The Caravanserai. It is a Ocean front with two baths. Here are some pics of our unit.

Go to our home page http://mocha.home.att.net then click on to links then (MORE PHOTOS) then (PHOTOS 2004)