We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stonefield Villas-- Bamboo or Hibiscus?

Which Soufriere hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
reviews: 26
Stonefield Villas-- Bamboo or Hibiscus?

We are staying at Stonefield in a few weeks, and are trying to decide whether to stick with the villa we currently have booked (Bamboo) or upgrade to Hibiscus (was hoping for Frangipani, but it is already booked). Any thoughts? The main thing we are concerned about is the view from the deck/pool--anyone know which villa would be a better pick? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks!

Boston...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Stonefield Villas-- Bamboo or Hibiscus?

Hi...why don't you try looking at the actual reviews that have been posted on Stonefield??? many of them have pictures of the views...My wife and I stayed there in 2004, in the then brand-new Raintree villa...what a dead-on perfect view of the Piton!...it's on the corner, though, on the way down from reception, and close to The Mango Tree restaurant, (mmm, loved their breakfasts...can still taste that fresh fruit!...but, I digress)...my pointon the villa's location, was that it was still pretty private, because its got a high vantage point from the road...we loved it...good choice.

Boston...
2. Re: Stonefield Villas-- Bamboo or Hibiscus?

...also, I forgot to say that, even though we stayed there some time ago, you can access my review easily by clicking on my profile...please do, that's why we all write reviews, isn't it? so that it'll help others.

atlanta
3. Re: Stonefield Villas-- Bamboo or Hibiscus?

Wow...I seem to have hit a nerve with my question and am not sure why...

I actually have read all the reviews going back a couple of years, as well as looked at all of the pictures. However, only one review each mentioned either of the villas I was asking about, and there were only photos posted for one of them. Since many reviewers did not mention which villa they stayed in, and there may be others who haven't written a review yet but visit these forums, I figured it was worth asking about. No need to be patronizing and sarcastic.

Boston...
4. Re: Stonefield Villas-- Bamboo or Hibiscus?

Sorry if it came across that way...not my intent!...perhaps those villas are too new to have many responses...they were just a planning dream when we stayed there...as a general comment, I'd have to say that you probably won't go wrong with any plunge pooled one bedroom deluxe...my impression of Aly Brown, the owner, is that he is a good businessman and knows what his market potential is for his property...we'd love to go back, and we rarely stay in a place twice, anywhere in the world...have a good time...

atlanta
5. Re: Stonefield Villas-- Bamboo or Hibiscus?

Thank you, and wishing you many happy travels :)

6. Re: Stonefield Villas-- Bamboo or Hibiscus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, August 17, 2009