We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagoon room questions and email

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bay Shore, New York
reviews: 1
Lagoon room questions and email

I booked a grande luxury lagoon room at sandals grande and was wondering if anyone has recently stayed in that room and can make any recommendations as to any buildings/ rooms that I can recommend.

Also, does anyone know the email address at the grande that I can use to make requests for rooms and make dinner reservations before I leave? Thank you so much!

Matt

5 replies to this topic
UK
1. Re: Lagoon room questions and email

It is not possible to make dinner reservations before you arrive at the resort.

Sanford, Florida
2. Re: Lagoon room questions and email

When are you going? We are booked in the same Lagoon GP room and will be there toward the end of July. When you read the descriptions fully on this class room, it gets pretty confusing. In one spot it says all rooms look over the lagoon pools which one would assume means in the Rodney Bay, Monchy, and Massade buildings. But the listed buildings say Rodney Bay, Massade, Cap Estate and Pigeon Island buildings. Then, it says later that room views are lagoon pool, manicured gardens or oceanview. I hope that this doesn't mean that you could get just manicured gardens or oceanview (like being on the backside of Cap Estate or Pigeon Island buildings). I assume that they mean Lagoon Pool views and THEN either manicured gardens or ocean view in addition. Since Cap Estate and Pigeon Island are listed as options, then I assume they are also calling the cascade or quiet pools 'lagoon pools' . Unfortunately I booked direct online, and am now finding out that using an agent probably would have given us the ability to get some preferential builiding/room selection options. Oh well....I'll assume the best and then try to rectify onsite if it doesn't work out the right way. But If I'm paying for a Lagoon room, I expect a lagoon view and not an ocean or gardens view.

I was also wondering if restaurant reservations could be made when you check in online rather than waiting until you actually get there.

Reno, Nevada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Lagoon room questions and email

We always book directly with Sandals....no middleman to screw up reservations. Call 800-SANDALS and have them put your request in your reservation. It has helped us in the past.

Texas
reviews: 33
4. Re: Lagoon room questions and email

If it says lagoon view, the lagoon is the lagoon pool, not an actual lagoon. Rooms at Sandals vary slightly in differences. I've found that many times the smartest thing to do is to book the lowest room category available and then when you get there to bring some cash to upgrade and it will cost you much less than it would have when you booked. However, you may have to pay a pretty penny if the next available room is a butler suite, lol. :)

We are booked here in this room category for the end of September, and we are really looking forward to it! We got married at Sandals Royal Caribbean and my sis got married at Sandals Antigua. I think the resort has been remodeled recently, since the room pics have changed and some reviews have said adjacent rooms were being worked on while they were there.

Anyway, this is one of the Sandals where many of the rooms are very similar, so just go with it. It's comparable to Sandals Grande Antigua's Mediterranean Village, also very nice. Lots of rooms that face the pool.

I'm just trying to figure out the fastest way to get to the resort. We were thinking about booking the private car and then I heard you can get a helicopter transfer?

Sanford, Florida
5. Re: Lagoon room questions and email

Am here right now. We are in room 6301 which is on the third floor of the Monchy building. If you look at the map of the hotel, we are essentially in the upper left corner of building #4. Odd rooms face the lagoo and even face the back of the hotel grounds. I think the category you booked is the same as we did (used to be called Grande Premium Lagoon), so I'm sure you would get an odd numbered room. Third floor is nice, and I would probably recommend trying to get a room more toward the middle of this building. That will give you a slightly obstructed view of the bay and some nice hills in the background. There are connected walkways between the Massade and Rodney Bay buildings that are uncovered. So the walkways will obscure the view slightly. If you are in the Massade or Rodney Bay buildings you will be slightly closer to the beach, but you will not have the nice views of the hills and the bay. My room doesnt really afford great views of the bay because it faces into the Massade building. But the lagoon pools are very nice and VERY quiet, especially compared to the main pool. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to look into it for you while I'm here.

Reply to: Lagoon room questions and email
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted