We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 40
Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Staying at BGBR in 3 weeks (first visit to St Lucia!)

We have booked a beach view deluxe room & just wonder exactly what facilities we will have i.e. fridge & coffee maker or kettle? We'd like to be able to make drinks & maybe simple breakfasts.

Berkshire
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort, Gros Islet
reviews: 53
1. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Mexi,

I am there at the moment but in a one bedroom suite.

I know you have a fridge and a kettle but I will check out the rest for you and let you know

STEVE

UK
2. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

That would be brilliant - thank you, Steve!

As you are there, which floor do you think would be best to request on beach front - top or middle? We know that the ground floor doesn't have such great views due to bring obstructed by vegetation.

Hope you are having a fabulous time :)

Berkshire
Destination Expert
3. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Mexi,

We always go for the 1st floor ie up one flight of stairs(no lift). Avoid the ground floor for the reasons you have stated. View is tremendous you are 10 yards from the beach and 25 yards from the sea. 2nd floor view is a little better but more stairs. Your choice.

Block number is also worth knowing about. Block 8 is adjacent to the pool/bar/restaurant/entertainment. Slight disadvantage is a bit of noise from the eve ent but only up until 10.00pm. But it is nice noise if you know what I mean.

If you are happy with that request room 808(1st floor) or 812 which is above it. They have partial views of the pool as well as the beach(full on)

Another consideration is the bed set up. Most of the deluxe rooms have 2 double beds. I know 808 does. There are some that have just 1 queen size bed. not sure where they are you may like to ask/request ex the hotel.

Will get back to you re facilities once I sneak a look

STEVE

Berkshire
Destination Expert
4. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Mexi,

In the room you get a kettle and a fridge. Upon request you can get a microwave and a toaster added and also a coffee maker. Tea/Coffee/Milk etc is supplied and topped up daily.. Any query re that ask for Cheryl(Hotel Manager) and mention my name

The supermarket is 10/15mins walk away or you can get the free shuttle. If it is still there there is a small shop 5 mins walk away

Upon reflection re my previous post you get a much better view from the top floor. I went up and looked for you.

STEVE

UK
5. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Well, that is incredibly helpful!

You may recall giving me some advice last year about how/when to book. We followed your recommendations and definitely got a good deal. And now you are doing our room research for us! We fly out on 30th June for 17 nights - just can't wait - so we now know we'll be able to sort out our own breakfasts and ho drinks. We'll also request a top floor room and consider the stars a source of exercise.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday - hope the weather is good for you.

Vieux Fort, St...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 1
6. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Bay gardens do a good buffet breakfast in the mornings, set you up for the day...have it a couple of times while you are there. The local supermarket have a deli and do cooked whole chicken, ribs etc for lunch. You are going to be fine for self catering...and of course we have papaya, pineapples, mangoes all in season right now.

I will see you there, we are comin up on 13-14 July.

Guess it says it all when the trip advisor contributors all stay there!

7. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

We are arriving on July 6 for 1 week. I'm glad I saw this post before arriving. We are traveling with small children and plan to eat breakfast in the room. We have a 2 bedroom suite.

Should I request the coffee pot microwave and toasted in advance or are there enough for all requests?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
8. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

The suites have fully stocked kitchens. You don't need to request anything as it is already there. Those extra items are for the regular/non-suite rooms, which do not have kitchens, or kitchenettes.

Hope that helps - have a great trip!!

Berkshire
Destination Expert
9. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

Hi Beach 313,

I am guessing a bit but if there are only 2 of you plus 2 small kids you only really need a one bedroom suite. With that you get a master bedroom with a queen bed and large ensuite bathroom (shower over a tub). Plus a lounge/kitchen/diner with a good qual double sofa bed easy big enough for 2 small kids. Or if needed you have enough room to get a fold up bed added.

With the 2 bedroom suite you get all of the above plus a seperate room (connecting doors) with 2 double beds and another ensuite bathroom(walk in shower no tub)

Hope this helps

STEVE

Edited: 11:04 pm, June 17, 2013
10. Re: Bay Gardens Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 19, 2014