We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 1
Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Hello,

My husband and I are going back to the Grande this fall. We're using our FREE WEEK (third one!) at the Grande and also staying a week at La Toc. We've been to both properties three times, and our last split-stay was in August 2011.

We'd love to read updates on anything relevant - rooms, tours, diving, heli flights, theme nights, meals, staff, etc. We're active on Trip Advisor's Travel Forums and Facebook's Fans of Sandals ... Group Pages, so we're just looking for current info.

Brief background on us: we're in our 40s, active, AOW scuba divers, foodies, spent 200+ nights with Sandals and been to all their properties. Feel free to ask us questions. We'll be glad to chat.

Thank you for your time. Happy, safe travels!

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
reviews: 135
1. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Hi DD. We love the Grande and also did our Free Week there. We are looking at it again for our next Free Week sometime next year. Our Grande forum has some new info, but are looking for more also. Here are the menus from the Grande, I just got them two days ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147342-i247-k5906…

Atlanta, Georgia
2. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Thank you very much for sharing the menus. Also it's good to know that there are more Sandals discussions in the St. Lucia Travel Forums (as opposed to just the Castries and Gros Islet Travel Forums).

Milford...
reviews: 421
3. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

We will be there this summer for our free week (and adding a few days) at SGSL, so will definitely post when we return!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
4. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Nikko, have a great time on your trip. Are you in countdown mode already? I am! Do you plan on going to SLT & Halcyon at all during your vacation? Please let us know when you post your review. We'll be looking for you in the forums, too. Thanks!

Milford...
5. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Not yet as it is months not days....once Grad School is done, then I will start the countdown!

Yes, we plan to go to the other properties! Lots of recommendations for LaToc for dinner....any dining suggestions for Halcyon?

Atlanta, Georgia
6. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Hey, I'm in the months long countdown and still tick off every day on my calendar, but I don't have grad school (good for you!) looming over me. :-)

Love the restaurants at LaToc and have visited Halcyon but never done dinner there. The Pier (now called Kelly's Dockside) gets most people's votes. I'd skip Kimonos. I've always found all of them to be so-so food wise and only really fun if you have an entertaining chef and great dinner companions (and those two things rarely happen together - lol!).

Milford...
7. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Thanks...was thinking about going to Kelly's........done so many Kimonos, so definitely wasn't considering that....do agree that the chef and group at the table definitely makes it!!!

Appreciate the suggestions!!

Atlanta, Georgia
8. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Nikko, at Kimonos the chef and table companions make ** or break ** the dining experience because the food is not as good as an American restaurant hibachi meal.

I really liked Soy at SGR. When the sushi chef saw how much I was loving his dishes, he got very creative and did some wonderful off the menu items for me. YUM!

This fall I'll go to Halcyon for apps at Soy, skip Kimonos, and then go to Kelly's for dinner (for my hubby - he's not a big sushi fan, but he found a lot to like at SGR's Soy because they can use rice paper wrappers - as opposed to seaweed - for his cooked seafood - like shrimp - rolls). :-)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
reviews: 135
9. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

Kimonos is really about a good chef and the group you're seated with. However, we have enjoyed the food at Kimonos at SN, just did it in April.

Milford...
10. Re: Going Back to Sandals Grande This Fall

DD...excellent idea.........Soy for apps then Kelly's for dinner. Hubby doesn't like seaweed either.