We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running sandals Grande

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 1
Running sandals Grande

Just wondering if there is a 5k route that is safe from hotel? Would like to run in morning?

Newark, Delaware
reviews: 70
1. Re: Running sandals Grande

I would run to Pigeon island (just down the road) and run around the few trails. You have to pay $6US, but I think that would be good for the day and you could return later to check out everything (Not positive about that). You might have to go on some parts more than once, but I would guess all the trails, including the two climbs add up to to a few km. It is largely shaded and nicer than just running along the roads. Here is a crude trail map

www.everytrail.com/fullscreen.php…

Other than that, you could run east and turn left on the main road, go for a ways and return. It is a wide road and not too busy, but seemed pretty safe.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
2. Re: Running sandals Grande

You can easily run over and through/around Pigeon Island National Park, as BB noted. Hang a left out of the Grande and it's right there.

Or, hang a right out of the Grande, follow the road around till you get to a road on your left, follow it out to the highway, hand a right and keep going till you get to Gros Islet, then you can turn around and come back. Or, pass the Landings and run down along the beach until you come to the village, hang a left and run through the village and out to the highway, then hang a left and head up the highay till you get to the PI turn off, follow till you hit the Landings again, turn right and come back up to Sandals. Not sure exactly how far either is, but should be a pretty good distance, and is pretty safe. Assuming we're talking 6 or 7 am, which should be no problems.

Enjoy!

St. Lucia
reviews: 55
3. Re: Running sandals Grande

hi Norton

it is safe around sandals with sandy terrain and grassy trails.You can pay and go to Pigeon island ,great workout-with a chance of bathing at the end.Bear in mind jogging is frowned upon in the park so start walking first and then you are on your way,there are no staff on the trails.Please try to stay far from gros islet i would not recommend that.Happy running

4. Re: Running sandals Grande

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 28, 2014