We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hampton, New...
reviews: 121
Sandals Grande St. Lucian

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our honeymoon at the Grande St. Lucian last year from June 12th to the 19th. We have no complaints whatsoever, and to this day we still talk about the fun nights that we had at the beach bar watching the two bartenders, Sean and Orion, basically perform a duo comedy routine. They were hysterical. Did anyone else have the privilege to be able to hang out with them and experience their routine? They made our night, each night.

We had hoped to make some friends with other guests, but we ended up becoming friends with many of the staff members. They were genuinely nice and kind people, unlike many of the guests with whom we dealt. Unfortunately, many guests were a bit snobby.

I hope that all who stay at the Grande St. Lucian have the same opportunity and experience that we had.

Yorkshire Dales...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Just got back from our wedding moon and agree with you 100%. Cant remember names but met too many to list who were so friendly and helpful.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
2. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Bon jou tout moun,

Isn't the main attraction of an All-Inclusive Resort vacation not to connect with or experience local peoples & lifestyles?

Bless up! Paul

Castries, St. Lucia
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Paul I have to ask

Who do you think works in these hotels if its not the local people

Why do you think the guests come back year after year, because of the experiences they have with the local people

Have you been to an All-inclusive?

Edited: 11:57 am, May 13, 2013
Soufriere, St. Lucia
4. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Bon jou gbh1266,

1. St. Lucians are employed in some construction, maintenance & service jobs.

Only a very small % of upper level/key management positions are held by St. Lucians in hotels/resorts on island.

2. Because of the "safe & insulated" experience of an AI. They don't have to interact with local people apart from the already vetted, polite & obedient staff.

3. Mwen?! InI can not afford to take a vacation much less spend a night at an AI hotel, or otherwise... However, many family members/friends are/were employed in AI hotels/resorts on the island.

Bless up! Paul

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
reviews: 126
5. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

We have been to the Grande and loved it. The current GM is from St. Lucia. We have always met and made friends with staff and guests alike during our many Sandals vacations.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for Gros Islet
reviews: 28
6. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Hi Congomon (Paul)

Over 98 percent of staff at the Grande are Lucian. I only know of One member of the Senior Management team that is not Lucian. I have no idea about other Hotels on the Island. But for sure the grande is staffed with wonderful St Lucian people. :-)

Edited: 12:25 pm, May 14, 2013
Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
7. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Yes Ken S, that was my point. Sandals does the same thing in all of their Jamaica properties too.

Castries, St. Lucia
reviews: 1
8. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

Paul,

Just to clear up your misconceptions Sandals, as I am sure most hotels in St. Lucia have a policy to employ local Managers where they can

All 3 General Managers in Sandals in St. Lucia are St. Lucian

98% of the Senior Managers in St. Lucia are St. Lucian

All of the Junior Managers in St. Lucia are St. Lucian

All of the Staff are St. Lucian

Sandals has a Corporate University which educates our local people so they can take on Senior Managment Roles, 54% of the staff have signed up for courses

Mot sure what you mean by Polite and Obedient, all of the Staff are well trained courteous and professional. Not sure what part of the world you are from but generally speaking St. Lucian are warm,friendly, welcoming people and that is why the Island is so attractive to visiting guests

90% of the guests in the hotel go out on tours to experience St. Lucia and interact with St. Lucian's

Its those experiences which bring the guests back again and again

Maybe you need to experience one of the Hotels so you speak from fact

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
9. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

This is clearly one of the big reasons we enjoy the many different Sandals we go to, they hire local staff. Carl, the GM at the Grande, is from St. Lucia and is a great guy.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
10. Re: Sandals Grande St. Lucian

gbh1266,

quote:

~Maybe you need to experience one of the Hotels so you speak from fact~

~All of the Staff are St. Lucian~

Do you speak/give these %'s as facts? from experience as a guest or are you employed by Sandals resorts?

What are the percentages of international staff working in hands on positions for "Sandals Resorts Intern program"?

docstoc.com/docs/15750594/Sandals-Resorts-In…