We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande scuba

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
reviews: 5
Sandals Grande scuba

I had asked about the scuba at Sandals Grande, we just got here last night and did the 1pm shallow/short dive today. Yes, they now have gear lockers instead of just leaving on the floor, they also have a dunk tank for rinsing gear. Tomorrow and the rest of the week we'll be doing 2 tank -morning dives and hope to get back with info on that. I can't remember my sign-in ;passport so will just try to add to this. The SS party last night was nice and we might book Grenada for next Dec. Silkismom

Connecticut
reviews: 2
1. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

Thanks for the info! We will be there Sunday afternoon, so, diving on Monday.

Milford...
reviews: 387
2. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

Appreciate the post.....look forward to more info on diving!

Keep enjoying!!!

Toronto Canada
reviews: 12
3. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

Thank you for the information on diving at SGSL. We'll be there next Sunday and one of the first places I'm heading to is the water sports hut to sign up for diving. The 2nd will be to the spa to book a massage.

It's good to know you were able to dive on your first day. Did they do this to check your skills before allowing you to go on other dives? I'm fully expecting Sandals will want to check us out before taking us on deeper dives even though we have our advanced OW and it's only been 4 months since we dove. Safety is very important.

Would love to hear if you go on any dives that you payed extra for like at the Marine Park. We would really like to dive at the Pitons.

Have a great vacation and thanks for posting.

KK

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
4. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

If you are a certified diver there is no extra fee for the two tank Marine Park dives, yet you must be diligent to sign up due to limited space, the two tank dives down to the marine park reserve area of the Pitons are only a few times during the week (not to be missed, for diving in St.Lucia).

There can be a fee for your pre check out dive.

Best of luck...

Colorado
5. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

They dive near the Pitons on Wed & Fri, according to big Martin (a love). Yesterday we just went to a large rock, was very hard current and most blew all their air in a short time swimming against it. #2 went around the corner of Pidgeon Island and it was much better. Today, Sun is only 1 dive at 11am. We had been almost 6 months, but they didn't do a check on us we're open water raated but 400 dives. We don't pay extra for dives, I think they might offer a night dive, but the dirty bananas call before then!! Sandals Select dinner is on Wed, beach party is Mon. It was nice sleeping in to 8am today and we had breakfast at Toscaninis. Breakfast opens at 7:30 and you meet for the dive by 8:05, so that is rather tight. We finally started having room service. They have fruit, pastries and small sandwiches on the boat--can make coffee in the room. Yesterday we booked SWH for Dec and Grenada for next Apr. we have 24 hr internet $14.99 and I was just looking at air YUCK really high, hope it comes down or we might nnot be able to go.

Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
6. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

"we have 24 hr internet $14.99"

per day or is this for the week? This is a new price if for the week, what level room category are you in?

Milford...
7. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

I thought the $14.99 was for a day and ~$42 for the week.

silkismom, when in April are you booked for Grenada?

Thanks for the info on diving! there is typically a charge for night dives and need a minimum number of divers to go.

Edited: 12:21 pm, April 14, 2013
Chicago Burbs, IL
Destination Expert
for Soufriere
8. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

Nikko4Me,

Yes, I see now it said 24 hr Internet!

thanks

Colorado
9. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

Just back from the 1 Sun dive--a real cattlecar, beginners, certified & snorkelers all on the same boat--I really hate getting kicked in the head. We saw a lot of bristle worms, it was a nursery and a lot of tiny fish, peacock flounder, octopus, Huge schools Of--can't remember the nam-have to look them up. I'm coming to the end of my 24 hours and trying to get this in while eating lunch, have a"spa treatment in 10 min. More later--BTW those coming in now to Tues to dive, we aare Ann & Larry, possible the oldest on the boat.

Milford...
10. Re: Sandals Grande scuba

Thanks for the update on the Sunday dive.......sounds a bit chaotic.

Keep enjoying!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Gros Islet