We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Update on Rodney Bay to Fort De France Ferry, Please...

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jerome, Arizona
reviews: 3
Update on Rodney Bay to Fort De France Ferry, Please...

Apologies if this is redundant, but the various threads regarding Ferrying from St. Lucia to Martinique seem to be a bit out of date, at least as regards the Rodney Bay to Fort De France route. Can anyone provide information on where to book this route, if it is active now (Jan-Feb 2013)?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
1. Re: Update on Rodney Bay to Fort De France Ferry, Please...

It is not active, so there is nowhere to send you for info. Sorry.

The only ferry service is via Express des Isles, which runs several days a week, but not everyday - you would have to check the website.

Enjoy your visit.

Jerome, Arizona
2. Re: Update on Rodney Bay to Fort De France Ferry, Please...

Thanks, strangely, their website does not include Rodney Bay or Gros Islet as a location from which they operate. Is this something you just have to go in person to make arrangements for? Do they have an office somewhere?

Soufriere, St. Lucia
3. Re: Update on Rodney Bay to Fort De France Ferry, Please...

Bon jou toddbisson,

L'Express Des Isles or Caribbean Express offers high-speed Catamaran service between CASTRIES in St. Lucia to Martinique, Dominica, Guadeloupe & return. Contact:

Cox & Company Limited

TEL 758 456 5000 or 5022 or 23 or 24

CELL 758 485 1424 (after hours)

travel-ops@coxcoltd.com

Bless up! Paul

Edited: 9:10 am, January 16, 2013
Jerome, Arizona
4. Re: Update on Rodney Bay to Fort De France Ferry, Please...

Thanks for the details on the operator!

I did see that service from Castries. My search was for service from Rodney Bay. I take it, based on your replies that to your knowledge there is no current service from Rodney Bay/Gros Islet to Martinique.

Do I have that right?

Soufriere, St. Lucia
5. Re: Update on Rodney Bay to Fort De France Ferry, Please...

Yup!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
6. Re: Update on Rodney Bay to Fort De France Ferry, Please...

Yes, as I noted in my post #1 - it is not active. Not operating. Does not exist at this time. So, there is nowhere to send you for info. Thought I had been clear. The only operator between St. Lucia and Martinique is Express des Isles. They depart/return to the Castries Harbor, at the SLASPA dock. You can find their info on their website for days they make the crossing, etc.

Edited: 10:05 am, January 16, 2013
7. Re: Update on Rodney Bay to Fort De France Ferry, Please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 18, 2014