We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almond Morgan Bay Building works

Which Gros Islet hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield
reviews: 2
Almond Morgan Bay Building works

Was anybody else affected by the building works at AMB. Tried not to let it affect us but by the second week of digga's and crains working till after 9pm everyday, ended up coming back more stressed more than before we went. To be fair had several other issues with Almond so probably wasnt in best mind frame to begin with.

If anyone else has had reason to complain to VIRGIN please reply and ill excange more info!!!

London
reviews: 1
1. Re: Almond Morgan Bay Building works

Just read your complaint about AMB, can I ask what building work?My friend came back from there in Nov when they were building the 1 bedroom suites and she had no trouble at all. I was told the work would be finish at the end of Jan. I work for an airline and was aware from the travel agent that there is no work at the hotel. can you bring some light to this please

Hayling Island...
reviews: 10
2. Re: Almond Morgan Bay Building works

There is work building work going on at AMB, but we were there from the 4th February until the 4th March and it made absolutely no difference to our holiday. At times we could hear a litlle bit of hammering etc but not a lot, and certainly not enough to bother us.

The rooms etc are well behind schedule, when we came home the roof was being put on the first block (behind the Bambou restaurant) and the other blocks, restaurant etc needed much more work done.

Canada
3. Re: Almond Morgan Bay Building works

A complete dissapointing experience for us. Wow- I just returned from the Almond Smugglers Cove at the end of March 2007 during World Cup and I truly wish I had read the reviews before spending my money there.I am writing this to WARN all potentially interested parties to spend your hard earned money elsewhere as I am sure you found this to be the case!! We thought we were going to be getting a 4 star expereince and were met with a 2 star expereince and that is being generous. The infrastructure and operations are definitely not ready for guests to truly enjoy the all-inclusive resort expereince. I was shocked that they are actually marketing to paying customers to stay there right now. We were beyond disappointed and as well came back more stressed.Definitely no correlation of value to money. I have contacted the Almond group directly and wanted to get some resolve on our stay and hopefully some form of reimbursement. Was shocking to say the least. Hope this helps!

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Almond Morgan Bay Building works

If you read the other reviews of ASC you will find people have totally different views. We are getting totally confused. We are due to go out there this summer and started feeling a bit happier by the positive reviews, then we go and read yours .......................... What is going on with this place? Let us know how you get on with Almond and whether you get a refund of any sort.

5. Re: Almond Morgan Bay Building works

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 am, August 27, 2009