We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Grande from April 16th to April 25th, Our first...

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta, Canada
Sandals Grande from April 16th to April 25th, Our first...

My husband and I are arriving from Canada on April 16th for a week's stay at the Sandals Grande. We are very excited about visiting St. Lucia. We are just wondering if anyone else is going at the same time. Also we would like some advice on what to do when we are in St. Lucia.

Sanborn, NY
reviews: 1
1. Re: Sandals Grande from April 16th to April 25th, Our first...

#1 (and this may sound silly considering what it costs to go to the Grande...)

GET OFF THE RESORT!

Not totally... I loved the Grande, but make sure you go out and see the island and the people. If you are there over a Saturday, check out the Castries market.

Walk out of the Grande's entrance driveway and go immediately to the left and walk to the park at the end of the road there on Pigeon Point. Hike up to the ruins of the fort up on top. Take the tour. It's VERY close ( a 5-minute walk) and only costs 5 bucks (US) to get in.

Take a catamaran cruise down to Soufriere and see the volcano (not like a lava-spewing one...) more like a big rotten-egg-smelly depression with boiling mud and steam vents. C'mon... it's FUN! And the cruise will include a trip to the Botanical gardens and diamond falls. And a lovely lunch overlooking Soufriere, and a cruise into Marigot Bay (beautiful... Dr Dolittle was filmed there) and a stop for snorkeling before heading back. ALL ON ONE CRUISE. I think that was like $98 US each for that but it's nearly a full day. There's horseback riding to the north and you can ride them right into the ocean. There's ATV tours, rain forest tours, tours of the Atlantic coast which is more rugged than the area you'll be staying. Friday night Jump Up (kind of a big srteet party... locals and visitors mix... mind your wallet and leave the jewels at home but go have fun).

Go have lunch at Spinnakers on the beach right there not far from Sandals Grande. Take a water taxi to get there!

Sandals Grande is great. I was there between christmas and new year with my wife for our 25th anniversary. But truly do yourself a favor and set some money aside for off-resort exploring. St Lucia is quite possibly one of the most beautiful places on this planet.

Kent UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: Sandals Grande from April 16th to April 25th, Our first...

I'd agree with everyting that yardbird has said here - have some time off the resort, go do the trips suggested ( we did) the day sail to Soufriere is really worth it

Can't wait to go back......

Italy
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sandals Grande from April 16th to April 25th, Our first...

St.lucia is a beautiful island island to explore. Even though the Sandals Grande is a very nice resort being confined to an all inclusive resort and paying what you will be is no fun way of enjoying the island. There are so many lovely restaurants to try out such as the Coal Pot, Del Mare,Buzz etc.

We just came back from our anniversary celebration in st.lucia and we stayed in a cosy Luxury Bed & breakfast inn called Araliya North of st.Lucia. The service provided was like a hotel and the hosts were great. We rented a car at a reasonable cost which was arranged by the Inn and we explored st.lucia driving around and trying all the lovely local cuisines.

usa
4. Re: Sandals Grande from April 16th to April 25th, Our first...

Hi Cold in Canada we have a group of 7 couples staying at the Grande 4/20/05 to 4/25/05, my oldest son and his wife will be renewing their wedding vows for 20 years on Friday morning at 10:30AM come and join us.

We are all from Florida and I'm sure you are going to be glad to get to warm weather.

MAKE SURE YOU BACK THE SUN SCREEN.

Hope to meet you all in St. Lucia.

Enjoy

Coventry, United...
reviews: 26
5. Re: Sandals Grande from April 16th to April 25th, Our first...

Was there in May last year

Great hotel.

Even have a full size snooker table.

If you want one up on anyone from USA - read up the rules etc on the internet.