We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter from UVF to SLU

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 1
Helicopter from UVF to SLU

Has anyone taken a helicopter ride to make the trip to the Hotel shorter? How much is it? Can 2 couples share? I have tried to get a flight into SLU but am not having any luck, most fly into UVF. If I could get a flight it would only be a 20 min ride vs. a 2 hour drive. We were in St. Lucia 2 years ago and have already taken that trip, so I know what I will be missing. LOL. Thanks for your help

Sanborn, NY
1. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

Cost is about $85 per person each way from UVF to SLU. You can put 2 couples into the helicopter easily and you can take whatever your carry-on baggage was on the airplane. Your other luggage will arrive later by ground transport. So pack accordingly. You may want swim suit, restaurant clothes, whatever... in your carry-on.

Greensboro, North...
2. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

Actually Sandals Grande is quoting me $135 per person for UVF directly to the Grande. But still sounds like a great way to get introduced to the island!

Boston
3. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

Thanks Yardbird!

Can you actually take the helicopter right to the resort? Where does it land? That would be so awesome!

lincoln park, mi
reviews: 27
4. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

If it actually is $135pp for the helicopter to the Grand, I would opt to pay less and go to SLU. Taxis are readily available and it will be a short ride to your resort, 10-15 min unless there is a lot of traffic. We paid $100pp in December. Taxi will be approx $10-$15 to the Grand. Also, the roads are in good condition.

Sanborn, NY
5. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

If you talk directly to St Lucia Helicopters, it was $85 direct to the grande. They land in an area more like right next door. If you're on the beach in front of the grande and looking at the grande, the helicopter lands off to the right end of the resort. You need 4 people minimum to fly directly onto the resort from UVF. If there's only 2 of you then they'll take you to SLU. You just have Sandals pick you up right there at SLU and you don't need a cab. They won't fly direct to Sandals Grande on Sundays and they don't fly after dark.

Baltimore, MD
6. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

Anyone happen to be going to the Grande St Lucian on March 21st? We are taking the helicopter from UVF to SLU and would love to find another couple going so that we can just go directly to the resort

Boston
7. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

I did a little investigating and this is what I came up with....

"The cost from UVF to our heli-pad in Castries is $105 US per person. We are about 20 minutes from the Grande and a taxi will be available to take you the rest of the way (about $20). As you may already know, the Grande also has a heli-pad on property. They charge $135 US per person and a minimum of 4 passengers is required. Also, you would need to call the hotel directly to book these. The telephone number is (758) 451 1234 and ask for the tour desk."

Looks like the prices have gone up slightly. Is anyone going to the Grande May 16 from UVF airport? Let me know, maybe we can double up. Someone on here mentioned that the ride is cheaper with 2 couples. email me at Sirach1717@aol.com.

Thanks.

Merseyside
8. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

Hi we are staying at the Grande on 11th April and are flying into UVF from Manchester England on BMI. Anyone out there interested in sharing helicopter to Grande ? E.mail loreena.hill@sthkhealth.nhs.uk

Cape Cod, MA
reviews: 5
9. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

Anyone do this recently or get info? I called Sandals Grande the other day (@ Oct.1) I know info. can differ from one person to another.....Heres what they said:

"The helicopter no longer flies to Sandals Helipad. You are flown from UVF to SLU then a taxi will bring you to Sandals. They quoted me a price of $125pp, you are allowed one carry on per person."

Looks like if you book directly through the helicopter company it is $105pp.

Also, what I don't understand is that if Sandals includes airport transfers (obviously not helicopter transfers) but if you are "choppered" into SLU why can't you take the Sandals shuttle instead of having to pay for a taxi?

We are going beginning of Feb. with another couple and they didn't say anything about it being less expensive for four.

Anyone have any other or different info?

Nova Scotia
reviews: 4
10. Re: Helicopter from UVF to SLU

Sandals told me that the taxi would be paid by them but the helicopter co. told me that it would approx. $20. It's not cheaper for more people but they won't fly with less than 4 people. I booked directly with the helicopter company a couple of weeks ago for Feb. and the price she quoted me was $125, maybe there's tax.