We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

Hi everyone,

I've emailed a couple of times and I believe it was too early but it can't possibly be too early now! Who's going to the R&B Jazz festival in May? I'm single and looking for some people (single, couples, male or female) to hook up with and socialize. I'll be there for the second week and going to the Friday and Sunday night events at Pigeon Island National Landmark. Staying at the Gros Islet Bay Gardens Beach Resort.

Lots of things I plan to do during the week along with going to the festival (plenty of free events too!)

I will try to connect every week; hoping to hear from people who are going to the festival like me.

Thanks!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
1. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

You will meet tons of people going to Jazz. Along with tons of people in the Village at the various Jazz events all week (Jazz on the Grill at Fire Grill, etc)

We will be at the Landings for MainStage Jazz weekend and attending Fri, Sat and Sun, along with Jazz on the Grill Thurs and Monday. Also, we'll be at Laborie Jazz the first weekend, and Balenbouche Jazz.

Have a great time - I'm sure we'll bump in to each other!

Atlanta
2. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

Hi Reed Princess,

I knew you'd respond; you always have :). Hoping I'll get more responses than just yours, especially considering it's about a month away. Are most of the people who come for the festival from the US? i would have thought I'd hear from other people but hopefully this month I'll get some responses.

I can tell you've been to many of the festivals as you are mentioning names I didn't see on any of the sites or festival line-ups; but that's really good to know. And we have to hook up for at least a drink if for no other reason than you're the only person responding to my posts - ha! See you soon......

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
3. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

Lol- the majority of attendees as from the varying Caribbean islands, and St. Lucia, followed by Canada, US and UK, then France and Germany.

Loads of attendees who have never even heard of TripAdvisor, so no worries!

Here is the info on some of the events I was referencing:

www.stluciajazz.org/jazz_events/fringe.asp

And here, for Jazz in the South:

stluciajazz.org/jazz_events/jazz_in_the_sout…

And other events, happening all around the island, simply click on the Events tab at www.stluciajazz.org. There is stuff happening virtually everywhere for the 2 weeks. It's a great time to visit!

See you soon!!!

Acworth, Georgia...
reviews: 3
4. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

The wife and I will be at Bay Gardens Beach Resort during the same week (May 4-12th). We haven't completely planned our week yet - but some "definites" are the Friday night fish fry in Gros Islet, and Saturday at Pigeon Island for Jazz Fest. We'll be doing scuba check out dives early in the week, and trying to hit some of the other various Jazz Fest events during the week.

We were just there in November - and fell in love with the island. The owner/manager of Thirst (a small pub on Pigeon Island) convinced us to return in May for Jazz Fest. If you get a chance, make sure you stop there while at Pigeon Island.

Have you been to St Lucia before?

37 days and counting. :-)

Atlanta
5. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

Hi Tim M:

No; I've never been to St. Lucia. Several other places in the Caribbean bot not St. Lucia. Very excited about my trip, the jazz fest - all of it. I've seen Tito Puente at the Atlanta Jazz Fest so I'm skipping him; but doing Fri/Sat Piegon events.

I've heard really great things about the island, beauty, ambience, etc. I plan to do one of the day cruises which takes you all over.= the island My sister is a diver but I'm not. I snorkel and may do that if it's in the cards. We'll have to have a drink together at the resort!

Looking forward to it and will keep in touch as we count down. Really appreciate you responding!

Laborie
reviews: 22
6. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

Yes, do not forget Jazz in the South, www.jazzinthesouth.org, with a free concert in Laborie on 1 May, and more Caribbean Jazz on 2, 3 and 5 May

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 16
7. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

We'll be at St. James Morgan Bay the first week in May. Do you know if there are seats at the venues?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
8. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

No, there is no seating available unless you bring your own lawn chair. Most people spread blankets, chairs, etc around on the grass. This is at Pigeon Island. Fond'or has some stadium "seating" - large tiered steps for sitting around the stage area - not chairs, more bench seating. Fire Grill has seating, as it is a restaurant; Jazz in the south - the beach jazz has no seating except what you bring, same with Balenbouche - Coconut Bay has had some seating in the past. Jazz on the Square, etc will have limited seating, otherwise it's grassy areas or standing room.

Hope that helps some!

Charlotte, North...
reviews: 16
9. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

It does - thanks!

Atlanta
10. Re: St. Lucia R&B and Jazz Festival in May! - Who's Going?

Hey Mamamen2:

I intend to bring one of my beach chairs with me that I can sling over my shoulder at all the events. Look forward to meeting you!