We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Sulphur Springs

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 30
Getting to Sulphur Springs

Is it necessary to take a tour to the springs or can you be adventurous and drive there yourself?

If you need a tour guide to get there, is there one (and can anyone recommend a reputable company) that will just take you ONLY to the Sulphur Springs?

Thank you

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 234
1. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

Hi,

For all the attractions in St Lucia we hired a jeep for two days and did it all ourselves - much much cheaper than the packaged tours and you are free to come and go. On arrival at the Springs you can pay a local guide a small reasonable fee to guide you around (which we did).

2 - 3 days is plenty for the whole island IMO

New York City, New...
2. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

is it relativity easy to get to the springs?

thanks a bunch!!!!

Dublin, Ireland
3. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

Well St Lucia isnt that big and despite some roads being tricky to say the least, we found it a doddle to get there as it is well signposted.

Newark, Delaware
reviews: 69
4. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

There is a big sign right off the main road, you really can't miss it. The only tricky part if you are coming from the north is a very short segment in Soufriere where you have to make a left on Sir Aurthur Street and a quick right on Church street, which are narrow, sometimes crowded roads. The town square and church mark where to turn and there are always plenty of people to point you in the right direction if you need.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
5. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

Bon jou kim n,

Be adventurous and discover the real St. Lucia your own self, of course!

Bless up! Paul

@ paul1962belfast Eh-eh 2-3 days... enough to see all what St. Lucia offers?!

Including Choiseul (capital of St. Lucian handcrafts, petroglyph, Riviere D'Oree, Devil's Bridge, Balenbouche), Saltibus (hike & waterfall) Laborie (art, massive reefs), Vieux Fort (wind/kite surfing, Moule a Chique, Maria Islands, National Trust Museum, Savanne's Bay), Micoud (Atlantic beaches), Praslin (Frigate Island, traditional gommiers), Dennery (Barre d'Isle, Fond d'Or Estate, Saturday Fish Fiesta), Dauphin (Grande Anse), Anse Lavoutte ($5 Beach), Pt. Hardy?

@ BBnugget, you a Looshan road warrior!

Oroville, California
reviews: 34
6. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

Of course you can drive there yourself. You think the locals take tours everytime they want to go there. Tours are not manditory, but I heard driving on St. Lucia can be dangarous, so a tour might be better.I heard they are rushed though and badly orginized. Just drive yourself. If not, there might be buses that go there. It's a popular spot. I think it's a national park.

New York City, New...
7. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

thank you very much! much appreciated!! =D

Soufriere, St. Lucia
8. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

Bon jou Brian S,

Locals have their whole lives to experience St. Lucia while visitors are blessed to have one or two weeks and, although organized tours are not required to enjoy St. Lucia's natural beauty at the Sulpher Springs or elsewhere, a tour enables the visitor to see & do much more in a short time.

Not all organized tours are crowded & rushed.

A local Tour Guide IS mandatory on Forestry Department Trails & Hikes (& at other sites/attractions not managed by FD).

Public minivans will stop at the gap/entrance to the Drive-in Volcano & Sulpher Springs on the West Coast Road just south of Soufriere.

The Drive-in Volcano & Sulpher Springs Park are located within The Pitons World Heritage Site - an International Park.

Bless up! Paul

NB: AND yes, even locals sometimes take organized tours

Dublin, Ireland
9. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

Paul

I meant 2-3 days for the main attractions.... 3 days tops. Im not sure people will want to spend every day of their 7 day holiday to St Lucia driving around or sat on a tour bus (of course they might do but thats just me). It would take 2 - 3 weeks to see everything i suppose., If you plan your time behind the wheel and base yourself in the south its a head start. Half the time sightseeing and the other half chilling with an ice cold beer (or ten) sat by the beach /pool is my recipe lol

Soufriere, St. Lucia
10. Re: Getting to Sulphur Springs

Irie, paul1962Belfast! Paul