We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smugglers Cove or St James Club or Coconut Bay?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 8
Smugglers Cove or St James Club or Coconut Bay?

Hi,

We are a couple in our 30's wanting to visit St Lucia in Aug or Oct this yr. Not sure which AI to choose, our top priority is good food (not buffet for evenings) and good quality drinks and a nice beach with clear waters.

The hotels detail branded drinks, does anyone know which brands of beer and wine that includes (we are from UK).

Also how far each hotel is from Pitons. ...any other recommended excursions.

Any help much appreciated.

Thank you.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
1. Re: Smugglers Cove or St James Club or Coconut Bay?

The only beers at any of the 3 resorts are Piton (local lager) & Heinekin (both of these are on tap) and Guinnes Foreign Extra Stout, in bottles.

As for wines, it varies, but it is not high end - Carlo Rossi, etc. wines included. Liquors are usually mostly top brands - great rums, etc.

Coconut Bay is 45 minutes from Soufriere and the Pitons, Morgan Bay is about 1-1.15 hours and Smugglers Cove is about 1.15-1.5 hours from Soufriere and the Pitons.

All 3 have a la carte dining for dinner in addition to the buffets. All 3 are solid 3-3.5 star resorts, clean, comfy - none are luxurious, but they are all 3 lots of fun. Coconut Bay has the longest beach, however it is on the Atlantic, so can be rough at times - so no watersports included. Fine for swimming though. The other 2 are on the Caribbean side - so included watersports.

Of the 3, in order, we personally prefer C-Bay, then Morgna Bay, then Smugglers Cove.

Enjoy, whichever you choose.

UK
reviews: 8
2. Re: Smugglers Cove or St James Club or Coconut Bay?

Thanks for your help.

Port of Spain...
reviews: 5
3. Re: Smugglers Cove or St James Club or Coconut Bay?

Hi

I'm also deciding on these hotels. Its a toss up between Smugglers Cove and St. James Club Hotel.

I did not choose Coconut Bay due to its location and distance from airport.

I want to know which hotel has a more newer feel? Smugglers Cove or St. James Club? I know they are not luxury hotels, but which may have more comfort and luxury?

Port of Spain...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Smugglers Cove or St James Club or Coconut Bay?

Hi

I'm also deciding on these hotels. Its a toss up between Smugglers Cove and St. James Club Hotel.

I did not choose Coconut Bay due to its location and distance from airport.

I want to know which hotel has a more newer feel? Smugglers Cove or St. James Club? I know they are not luxury hotels, but which may have more comfort and luxury?

We dont care for alcohol, but good quality food.

Toronto
reviews: 38
5. Re: Smugglers Cove or St James Club or Coconut Bay?

At CB you won't even notice you're next to the airport - most flights are on weekends. CB is in the best location for exploring the island with access to both coasts.

St James Morgan Bay is more modern. Some new bllocks of rooms, 900 - 1400 were constructed in 2006. It is also in a better location than Smuggler's Cove with respect to getting out and about.

The food at Morgan Bay is good.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 103
6. Re: Smugglers Cove or St James Club or Coconut Bay?

Food at Morgan Bay was very good when we stayed there. Food at Coconut Bay was good. Smugglers food was meh. Morgan Bay is the most modern and the rooms are spacious.

7. Re: Smugglers Cove or St James Club or Coconut Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 11, 2014