We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Lucia Helicopters or Serenity Tours

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto Canada
reviews: 12
St Lucia Helicopters or Serenity Tours

I'm thinking of booking an Airport transfer and have found 2 these companies. Can anyone comment on their service? Are they using the same helicopters of do they both have their own? Either of them quicker or better service? I noticed a slight price difference but other than that I couldn't see any other differences. Am I missing something?

I've heard you can book a helicopter transfer through Sandals but I can't seem to find any information on their site. Anyone know where I should be looking. I understand it's more expensive but I'm wondering since it includes transfer to the resort if it works out to almost the same price when you book with one of these companies and add on a taxi ride.

Thanks for your advice.

KK

Any suggestions?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
1. Re: St Lucia Helicopters or Serenity Tours

There is only one helicopter company on the island, St. Lucia Helicopters. All other toir operators, etc are simply booking you on St. Lucia Helicopter's choppers.

Tour operators such as Serenity or others who offer the transfer are booking you on SLH. The estra cost is both their fees for doing the booking - and may also include the transfer from the northern airport to your resort. Taxis are readily available at the northern airport if you choose to book it yourself. Taxis will range from $20US to La Toc up to $35US to the grande. Also, Sandals will pick you up at the northern airport if you arrange it with them in advance (so I have been told).

Sandals used to have the option to book the helo and transfer through them. I know that service was cancelled some time ago, but it may have been re-instated as there have been recent reviews of booking through Sandals. The helo transfer is only $145-155US pp depending on which route, Sandals has been quoted in reviews as signifigantly more expensive (I've seen $200US pp quoted in reviews) - considering their basic transfers are included, I don't know what that extra $50ish is for!

Keep in mind, your luggage does not go with you in the air (except hand luggage), it follows by land and will be several hours behind you. Also, the shuttle transfer is first come, first served and depending on how many people are booked that day, there may be a wait, sometimes as much as an hour.

Good luck and enjoy your visit.

Toronto Canada
reviews: 12
2. Re: St Lucia Helicopters or Serenity Tours

Thank you Reedprincess. I didn't think St Lucia could have 2 helicopter companies but now I know for sure. We're doing 6 days at Halycon and 7 days at Rendezvous. Really looking forward to coming back to St Lucia. It's been 15 yrs since we were at Rendezvous and about 12 since being at La Toc. Had dinner at Halycon then and thought it was a really pretty place. Now I get to find out for sure.

KK

3. Re: St Lucia Helicopters or Serenity Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 15, 2014