We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 21
Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Want to visit St. Lucia for a week in Apr. Would like to fly non-stop to St. Lucia but I can't seem to find any flights from NY area. Any suggestions?

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
11. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

We too are 1st or Biz class travelers - AA and BA mainly, occasionally Virgin or Delta if itinerary calls for it. Except for to NY and surroundings - then we fly JetBlue!

JB is excellent for service -very frendly flight attendants. Large comfy leather seats, personal in seat entertainment, sodas and water and snacks included. Booze and meal boxes are extra. The JetBlue terminal at JFK is outstanding. We always have breakfast there and then kick back and sleep on the flight back down. Very good eggs benedict at the restaurant by the entrance (and reasonable prices) along with a great breakfast buffet - crazy, but true. We don't fly anywone else to Ny and area - unless JetBlue is not available. JB also includes first bag free on every flight. (not a huge deal to us as we always get 3 bags at 70 pounds each, but still a bonus)

They also have a self serve station after they make 1 pass through the cabin, you can come back up and get more water or more snacks (chips, cookies, crackers, popcorn and the like)

They do offer "extra Space" in the first 3 rows - for an addition $50USpp per segment, you get priority boarding, priority security and more legroom. Can be worth it.

Believe me - JetBlue in economy will be more comfortable than Caribbean Airlines in Biz or first. And with all the time saved - even with the 1.15 hour drive up to the resort, it is totally worth it. You could use the $$ saved to do the helicopter transfer - then you would be at the resort in around 30 minutes or so....just a thought.

You can find more about their service and such at their website. From personal experience though, some of the best airline service around. Hope that helps.

new york
reviews: 48
12. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Reed princess- Thank you so much for the info! My mind is at ease and I will book JetBlue For us! And besides the drive should be nice from the airport to sandals La Toc Being that we have never been to St. Lucia It'll be nice to see the Scenery!

new york
13. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Also since we are "Priority Pass" memebers we have use of the 1st class lounge @ jfk's Oasis Lounge and The Iyanola Lounge @ UVF so I guess it all works out ;)

Rehoboth Beach...
reviews: 6
14. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

We booked the Sat-Sat out of Philly for April 20-May4th non-stop. Last time we were able to fly into Castires on American but I see this is not an option any more.

Oh well, I would rather do the non-stop into UVF and take the transfer then get stuck in San Juan like last time when we missed our connecting flight.

DeeAnn- when are you going to St. Lucia?

Newark, Delaware
reviews: 68
15. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Hey Frod, I haven't noticed a fellow Delawarean on St Lucia's forum before. That Philly flight is only seasonal. It starts at the end of December and ends beginning of May and I think it is always just one day a week.

For us, in November, we are glad to drive three hours to JFK to avoid layovers and we just planned to spend a day and night in NYC before we leave next the following morning.

new york
16. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Wooohooo~ Just booked our nonstop flight from JFk on Jet Blue! can't wait!

Connecticut
reviews: 2
17. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

deeannjohn, consider the extra legroom seats for the flight to st. Lucia. It puts you in the front of the plane, early boarding, priority airport screening in addition to more seat room. It's great being one of the first off the plane in St. Lucia - faster trough immigration!

We've flown both Caribbean Air (Air Jamaica) and Jet blue to Jamaica, and I do prefer the Jet Blue flights....though out of NY, the CA flight into Montego Bay does get you to the airport early in the day.

new york
18. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

I agree with CA Going to MBJ-Flight number 10 is the best-We do it twice a year! My plane is already booked for St. Lucia so I'm not sure if we have the extra legroom or not-We booked through Expedia And we're in the 13th row so I probably guess not... But maybe once we get to the airport we can make those changes It doesn't matter much We are just excited to go to somewhere new!

Rehoboth Beach...
reviews: 6
19. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

Hey BB! Maybe you don't see too many Del-A-Where-areans on here because they only let one person at a time out of Delaware!!

We were so happy to see a non-stop flight out of Philly that we jumped on it!! I have never flown out of JFK but we would make the drive to avoid some of those nightmare layovers!

We are thinking of flying to Antigua next year but would have to fly out of EWR to get a non-stop I think. We usually go out of BWI, PHL, IAD or DCA. We both are lucky since we are in Delaware though!! It does open up a lot of options!

20. Re: Best Flights from Newark, NJ or NYC to St. Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Castries