We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Tennessee
reviews: 10
Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

Have booked the Soufriere Fountain of Youth whole day tour. It is a full day with ride on a cataraman, visits the valcano, botanical gardens, snorkeling, lunch and shopping. Would like feedback. Read a review that Joe from Joe Knows is no employed by Sandals and is working on Sandal's boats.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for White House, Negril
reviews: 135
1. Re: Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

We have been to the Sandals in St. Lucia and have not heard of this one. I will be interested to hear more too.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
reviews: 40
2. Re: Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

Have not done the Soufriere Fountain of Youth as it was not a listed excursion when we went to Sandals Grande St. Lucian in January.

Joe Knows can be booked out of Sandals Halcyon and I believe Sandals La Toc. We booked with Simon Says through Sandals Grande St. Lucian. I much preferred his mode of transportation (and I think Joe Knows has the same) which is a speed boat rather than a catarmaran, as I suffer motion sickness...I'm much better with speed than a slower boat ride!

We saw UNESCO, did shopping in Marigot Bay, snorkeled, saw the Pitons, Sulphur Springs Park including the mud baths, Toraille Waterfall and enjoyed a delicious creole lunch at Simon's house prepared by his wife and aunt. It was a great day and I would highly recommend it. Our cost was $112 in January.

Portland, Tennessee
reviews: 10
3. Re: Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

Thank you Travelpair55 and RandBTravel. We love sailing and the catamaran is much easier to get on and off when snorkeling. That was my main reason for booking the excusion through Sandals. None of the others seem to use the catamaran. I was hoping someone may have recently taken this excursion. I will post a review after we return.

Travelpair55, Just a suggestion, have you tried the motion sickness patches? They are only available by prescription, in the US. I have vertigo, so without them, there would be abosutely no way for me to ride on any kind of water craft. I can get dizzy just floating in our pool. Dramamine makes me very sleepy and because I would have to take it everyday, while on our vaction, it takes a few days to clear it out of my system once I stop taking it. One patch will last for 72 hrs, and clears from your system within around 4 hours after removing it. You do have to make sure you do not remove one without putting another one on about an hour before the old one is removed. That is, if you still plan on doing anything that would cause motion sickness.

Haverhill...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

Exployer -

I have seasick issues (not so much motion usually, although driving back to the airport from the Grande I thought I was going to die.... but I digress.....lol ) and have found that Bonine is less bothersome than the Dramamine. It comes non-drowsy and works really well for both my son and myself. We don't like the hangover feeling that Dramimine leaves us with. Just a thought........

watford ontario
5. Re: Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

Just a suggestion. I am from canada and I always take ginger pills if I dont want to feel drowsy and that seems to work for me. You might have to take two.

Ontario Canada
Destination Expert
for White House
reviews: 40
6. Re: Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

exployer, I haven't tried the patches. I switched from regular gravol which made me sleepy, to ginger gravol last year. So far so good! It got me from the airport to SGSL...barely, but at least I arrived awake! And I've used it on boat rides with success too.

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 1
7. Re: Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

DON'T DO IT!! At least not through the tour operator that Sandals uses ("Spirit of Carnival"). My husband and I did this tour earlier this month. You will get up at the first crack of dawn and rush through breakfast just to be bussed to an overcrowded "party boat" which will take you to Soufriere after sitting on the boat for 2 hours doing NOTHING.

When you finally get to the gardens, they are GORGEOUS! However, the tour was EXTREMELY rushed - maybe only an hour or so - barely time to ask questions or take pictures. We were then taken to the cafe for lunch, at least the food was good and the other people on our tour were cool. Then after being bussed back to the boat, we waited another 2 hours doing NOTHING while waiting for the other tours to finish. They then take you to a spot to snorkel. The captain obviously knows NOTHING of maritime law - he pulled up next to a boat with a "diver down" flag raised, with engines in full bore. He could have seriously injured the scuba divers that were in the middle of their dive. By the time you are able to push through the throngs of people to snorkel - it is way too crowded so no room to navigate around. Then back to the "party boat" where they serve you pre-made "cocktails" with the ice already half-melted. The grand finale was them stopping by another boat on the way back to the dock, to throw them the box of snorkeling gear we all just used, which had not been cleaned or sanitized. Each boat is supposed to have their own snorkeling gear (according to Sandals, anyway).

We complained to Sandals but they refused to refund our money ($198 down the drain for 2 people), and since it was at the end of our stay, we weren't offered a credit towards another tour. I strongly suggest seeking out Charlie on the resort beach - several people raved about his tours and they are MUCH cheaper.

Edited: 2:55 pm, January 14, 2013
8. Re: Has anyone done Soufriere Fountain of Youth through Sandals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 16, 2014